8. Our First Christmas

I just hope he stays like this and doesn't go back to his old ways.

Eden's P.O.V.
-One month later-

"Adrien get Millie from under the tree please!" Millie's crawling all over the living room and right under the tree while I'm cooking dinner for Adrien, his parents, Millie, and I.

"Come on Windmill, lets go see what mamma's cooking," I look up from the stove to see Adrien scoop up Millie and tickle her as he made his way over to the kitchen. He sits down in one of the barstools, sits Millie on the counter in front of him so she's facing me, and starts talking again, "so mamma Ed, what are you cooking?"

"Well papa Adrien and baby Millie," I play along with whatever it is he's doing, "I am making a lasagna, my mother's recipe, a salad, corn bread, corn, green beans, and pumpkin pie, how's that sound?" he gets up and walks around the island with a tired Millie in his arms.

"Sounds just as amazing as it smells, I'm going to go lay her down so she not crabby when my parents get here" with that he kisses my temple and walks to Millie's room.

The past month has been an interesting one. We had to go back to school after Thanksgiving for about two weeks, cram in whatever else we need to know, and take final exams. On top of all of that I was working, Millie was going to daycare, and Adrien has been staying here. Out of the two of us -Adrien and I- I'm the only one that works because, when I do, Adrien stays home with Millie and if he doesn't she goes to his parent's house. His parents quickly took a liking to Millie and welcomed me back into their lives with open arms, which kind of surprised me seeing as how I vanished and returned with a baby. Last week Millie spent the whole week at their house to give Adrien and I a, much needed, break. When we went to pick her up on Sunday from church we discussed what we were doing for Christmas. That's when we decided on me doing the cooking and having dinner at the apartment. Judy, Adrien's mom, was reluctant at first saying that "I need a break" and "Just let me do it", but I insisted and she broke and agreed on one condition that she can get me whatever gift she wants no matter the price. I hate when people spend money on me, but if that means I could do Christmas dinner then that's what had to happen.

Adrien came out of Millie's room after laying her down, even though it's like three and she's going to have to get up in an hour, and comes up behind me and snaking his arms around me in the process. I just want to make sure dinner is perfect, and instead of helping me he's just districting me and causing me to nearly burn the lasagna noodles.

"Adrien quit" I giggle out as he leaves small kisses on my neck.

"But my parents aren't going to be here for another three hours and you look so good," my question is: how in the world do I look good in my sweat pants, an old t-shirt, no make up, and my blonde hair up in a extremely messy bun? "You look good because you are beautiful no matter how you're dressed or done up" either this boy can read minds or I accidentally said that out loud, before I can decide though he turns me to face him and turns the stove off in the process.

"Babe, all of this food is going to take forever to make plus we both still need to pull ourselves together, we can't do this right now" I lightly pat him on the chest and get on my tip toes so I can reach his level to give him a small kiss. He sighs and walks away without question.

"I'm going to get in the shower and I'll get Millie ready when I'm done," he walks into the bedroom and walks right back out after he notices I've already got clothes out for him I guess then he looks at me and smiles before kissing my temple and says, "What would I do without you?" right as he's about to close the door of the bathroom I answer him:

"You'd have no idea what goes with what" I hear him laugh, then the water to the shower turns on and I continue cooking the lasagna noddles.

Thirty minutes later the lasagna is in the oven, and Adrien comes out of the room dressed in a deep red button down shirt, blue jeans, and a pair of brown shoes. Adrien normally wears a watch every day, but today I purposely didn't lay one out.

"Hey, do you want millie in a dress or an ice shirt?" Adrien looks over at me with his hand on the doorknob right before he's about to go into her room.

"Um, just put her in her blue sweater with some leggings and I will do her hair after," he nods his head and goes to get her ready. While he's doing that I start getting the pumpkin pie since that and the lasagna is going to take the longest time out of everything. Moments later Millie comes crawling out her room dressed and her hair in a braid, "Did you do that?" I point at Millie's hair and look at Adrien questionably, to which he just nods. Millie crawls over to the window and looks out at the snow, and I quickly take a picture to post on her Instagram.

 Millie crawls over to the window and looks out at the snow, and I quickly take a picture to post on her Instagram

I can't believe I made such a beautiful little girl that never seems to not amaze me.

"I'm going to go get ready, please start the green beans and corn in about thirty minutes," I walk into the room, "Your parents will be here in two hours and I should be ready in about an hour." With that I close the door behind me, trusting him to watch Millie and the food. I pull out a grey turtleneck crop top, a pair of ripped jeans, and some fuzzy socks with elves on them for after my shower. I walk out of the bedroom to go to the bathroom and I see Millie and Adrien curled up on the couch together asleep with a timer on the microwave going. I smile at them, then head to the bathroom to shower.

After I step out of the shower I wipe some of the fog off of the mirror only to reveal my face looking like a raccoon. I quickly pull out my makeup bag, which has my makeup remover in it too, and start removing any makeup that is still on my face. After that I wash my face and get dressed while it drys, pulling on my underwear and my jeans, then checking to see if my face is dry before putting on my top.

When I come out of the bathroom after finishing up my makeup and hair, I see Adrien's parents meaning they're an hour early. Them being early isn't a problem though, seeing as how Adrien went ahead and finished up the food. I walk over to greet Adrien's parents at the dinner table where everyone is sitting, only for for him to get up and walk out the door. I look away from the door and send a questioning look to Judy, whom only shrugs.

"He'll be back soon, let's eat while we wait, I wouldn't want this food to go to waste" Judy reassures me as we all get up to make plates.

Adrien never showed back up that night.

A/N:
This is so late and I'm extremely sorry!! I hope you all had an amazing Christmas (or any other holiday you celebrate).

So, Serious stuff, there is only two more chapters, one of which being the epilogue. *gasp* Also, it's almost at 900!?
If you have an questions/comments/ or concerns leave them in the comments.

/Don't be a silent reader please/

QOTD: Do you celebrate Christmas?
(unedited)