11. Epiloge part two

(This is the final chapter, and the wedding)

"I love you too, my queen"

Eden's p.o.v.
-six months later-

"Momma, you gotta breathe" Millie kneels at my feet and smoothes out the bottom of my dress, along with Lex, Derek's sister, and a few of Millie's best friends.

"Millie Anne Willson, I'm trying" I'm not, I'm freaking out. I'm getting married, why wouldn't I? This wedding is six months in the making, and it's been a semi bumpy road. When I called my parents to invite them, they told me that I'm not their daughter and they don't go to stranger's weddings. Then I was planning the honeymoon, and Derek and I finally settled on something and booked everything about two weeks ago. Him, Millie, and I are going on a twenty four night transpacific cruise a week after the wedding. Derek and I decided that it would be better to take Millie with us since she's always wanted to go on one and it would be an amazing bonding experience for all of us.

"Momma, are you okay?" Millie is looking at me with an odd face, along with the others.

"Yeah momma Ed, are you okay?" Shaliye, Millie's number one best friend adds.

"Yeah babies, I'm just nervous" I start to fiddle with the tips of my hair as I sit in the chair infront of the mirror while I wait for the ceremony to get close to starting.

"Momma Ed, you look beautiful and this is your day, don't worry," Shaliye comes up behind me and squeezes my shoulders, "Now let's go get this ceremony started" All of us girls file out to the door that lead outside where the ceremony was being held. We decided on a beautiful garden in southern Maine, where all of Derek's family lives.

The bridesmaids and the groomsmen start out as the music started playing. My nerves start to build even more than before, because every time the doors would open for them to walk out I can see Derek standing at the wedding arch, waiting impatiently.

Finally All of me started to play, and that's my queue. The doors open wide and everyone stands up and looks at me, but I have tunnel vision. All I can see is the love of my life, my king, standing in front of me. He face starts to scrunch up as I come closer, which is something he does right before he starts to cry. Just like that, Derek starts to cry. Tears flow down his face as he watches me walk to him.

My photographer better be getting all of this.

This is the day that I've always dreamt of, the day that I get married to my knight in shinning armor. Eight years ago this is the man that saved me and my baby from the worst time of our lives, the man that taught me that it's okay to love and be loved.

I reach the arch, hand my bouquet to Millie, and reach up to wipe away the tears from Derek's eyes. He smiles, takes my hands in his and kisses them.

"We are gathered here today to join the Wilkson and Kingsley families," I feel a tear start to slide down my cheek, to which Derek wipes away, "the bride and groom have decided to write their own vows, so they will now recite them to each other" Derek's father, our officiant, takes a small step back and Derek starts reading from a paper.

"To my queen,
You are the light of my life, one of the few things that keeps me waking up every morning. Being able to call you mine these past eight years, and being able to wake up next to you everyday for these past seven, have been the best days of my life. The day I meet you was the day that I knew," he starts to cry and takes in a shaky breathe, "I knew that you were going to be the women I marry and spend the rest of my life with. I remember our first date, you told me that you were scared. You said that you had been broken, torn apart, and that you would worried that I would leave when I found out about your daughter. Little did you know that I just fell more in love with you in that moment. Millie, being this tiny seven year old, was full of life just like her radiant mother. Six months ago I decided that it was finally time for me to ask you the big question, but I went to Millie for approval first. She had the biggest smile on her face, it was priceless," he starts laughing, I shed more tears, chuckle a little, and turn around to see Millie's face as red as a tomato, "I'm am the luckiest man in the world to be able to have two beautiful women in my life. I love you." he puts the paper back in his pocket and kisses my hands.

"I guess it's my turn now huh?" everyone chuckles, Millie hands me my paper, and I wipe any stray tears from my face, "Alright, mine's quite short but it's filled to the brim with the love that we share," everyone laughs a little and I continue, "My King, you have been there for me everyday for the last eight years. You've been there for me at my lowest, my highest, and everything in between. I couldn't thank you enough for being my knight in shining armor and helping me fight off my monsters. I love you my king." I smile up at him and he wipes away, yet another, tear from my cheek.

"Do you, Edith Wilkson, take Derek Kingsley to be your lawfully wedded husband?"

"I do" Derek slips a ring on my finger, one more with more jewels than the one before.

"Do you, Derek Kingsley, take Edith Willson to me your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I do" I smile and slip the matching ring on his finger.

"With the power invested in me, I know pronounce you Mr. and Mrs. Kingsley, you may now kiss the bride" With that Derek grabs me and deep kisses me and everyone erupts into cheers and clapping.

I am so in love with this man.

a/nTHE END!! Thank you so much for following me through this journey

a/n
THE END!! Thank you so much for following me through this journey. This is my first finished book, and it is my baby. I can't thank y'all for enough for being so supportive through it all.
I love you <3

What was your favorite part of the book?

Leave questions for a Q and A with the characters!

-unedited-