9. I should have seen this coming

(The audio above is how Eden is currently feeling)

PSA REALLY QUICK! THIS STORY HIT 1K (when I started writing this)! THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING! NOW ON WITH THE SECOND TO LAST CHAPTER THAT WAS WRITTEN BY THE LOVELY InsecureChelsee  AND SOMEWHAT ME BECAUSE I'M NOT INSPIRED ENOUGH TO DO IT MYSELF:

Adrien never showed back up that night.

Eden's P.O.V.
-One month later-

Adrien didn't come back to the apartment, or his parent's house, the night of Christmas, or many nights after. It's been a month or nobody knowing where he is, it's as if he just fell off the face of the Earth. Like he never existed in the first place. I should have known that he would pull something like this, his name wouldn't be Adrien Lucas Smith if he didn't.

Millie had her birthday two weeks ago, which was celebrated by basically my whole class, some kids from her daycare, their parents, and Adrien's parents. Judy insisted we throw a huge party for her, and that she pay for all of it. I refused at first, but eventually gave into her pleas.  Earlier I called Lex and told her to just come over because I'm tired of feeling awful, and she's the only person (besides Millie of course) that could help. Fifteen minutes later she showed up at the apartment.

"Lex! Hey!"

"Hey girl hey! Hello miss Millie!" She waves at Millie, who's in the living room watching a random Barbie movie.

"So, what's up?" She questions.

"Adrien."

"Mm. I thought the ceiling was up. Totally kidding. Anyways, what happened?"

"At Christmas dinner last month, Adrien's parents came over. When we were about to have our feast, he just leaves out the door like nothing."

"Oh. Hell. No."

"Language." I hint and look at Millie.

"Right. Sorry." She fake coughs to cover her accident.

"But, oh. Hell. Yes." I whisper.

"Why the heck are you still standing in the doorway? In an apartment building. Just standing there."

"Oh yeah. Heh."

"Sit." I walk towards the sofa and sit down myself, then taunt Lex by tapping on the spot next to me on the sofa. She smiles and sits down, crossing her legs like an older woman.

"Ew. No. Don't do that. That's just. Don't do it. It makes you seem thirty." I nod my head no.

"Oh, thank you," She uncrosses them. "Anyways, Adrien. Do you know why he left?"

"No idea. But, I'm thinking maybe he went back to his old ways. Y'know?"

"Yeah, I know. I'm not stupid." She says in a duh tone.

"I know you aren't, I'm just making sure you get where I'm going."

"Of course I get where you're going. No, I don't. I have no clue who Adrien is at all."

"I dread your—" A knock on the door. Ruined my thoughts, thank you.

I get up, and Lex sits Millie on her lap, cradling her.

I unlock the door to see a face from a month ago. Adrien. Speak of the devil.

He looks up, his blue orbs look into mine. "Hi, Edith."