Chapter 16

Lauren POV 

Why did Ms Rios get to me so much? It wasn't even that big of a deal, yet, I completely went off on her. What is going on with me?  Could it have something to do with her? Her birthday is coming up....

This was all that was going through my head while pacing back and forth in the girl's bathroom. The creative artwork on the walls didn't leave me speechless like it usually does. It was mere background to me, my mind wasn't focusing on anything in the room. 

Everything brought my mind back to them. I found myself constantly wondering why it had to happen to me. Right when I was opening up to her, they cloud my mind once again. When will I let this go? Everyone else has. I guess I was mistaking my feelings towards them and anger towards that woman. 

------------------------------

Camila POV 

Why the fuck is my phone going off in the middle of class time? This better be very important. A sign of relief washed over me when I saw her name pop up on the screen. 

Lauren: hey can you meet me in the bathroom asap?

Me: sure

A group of butterflies fluttered their wings in the pit of my stomach. The effect she has on me, is inexplainable. A simple text message made my knees weak. She needs me?  Just the thought of her coming to me when she needs help is heartwarming. I'm meaning a lot to her much like her to me. I quickly think of an excuse to leave the class.

 I simply said I had to go to the bathroom, which in theory, technically isn't a lie. It was my destination. I raced down the hallway knowing exactly which bathroom she meant. There is only one bathroom that you can actually stomach in the school, and even this one is a bit of a challenge. 

I cautiously pushed open the door, peeking my head in and calling out for Lauren in a really low voice. I got no response so I tried once again. 

I peeked my head further in to see if I could see her. She was right in front of one of the mirrors, using the palms of her hands to hold herself up on the edge of the sink. 

She was simply staring at her reflection in the mirror with an inquisitive look, like she was trying to figure out the story behind the person she was staring at in the mirror. 

"Lauren?", I said unsure of what to actually do. 

As she heard my voice, she closed her eyes and took a sharp intake of breath and released a few moments later. A small smile crept up on her lips. I began to walk towards her and she didn't move from her position. 

I walked up behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist and rested my chin on her shoulder, whilst staring at our reflection with her. We didn't have to say anything, it was pretty clear that she didn't want any actual conversation. 

She just wanted someone or something to calm her down from whatever was bothering her. She proceeded to do large inhales and exhales of air like she was trying to steady her heartbeat. She rested her hands on my arms still wrapped around her waist. 

We stayed like this for another couple of minutes before she turned around in my arms, my arms still on her waist and hers now reaching to wrap around my neck. She was a bit taller than I am so it was easy for her to do. 

A smile crept up on her face as she stared at me intensely. I wanted to quickly break the staring contest as it was getting too intense, her eyes were looking past mine and into me. It sounds cheesy but it seemed like she was looking right into my soul. Before I did something reckless, I forced my head onto her shoulder to break the gazes. We stood there for a while in complete and comfortable silence, just breathing in each other.