Chapter 26

"What?" John asked, clutching Eliza's arms. Her eyes were red with tears, and she leaned into John's chest.

"My d-dad is dead." She sobbed, and John felt numb as her words set in. Philip Schuyler, the Philip Schuyler, was dead? It couldn't be, there was no way. John closed his eyes and took a deep breath.

"W-When did you find o-out?" John sputtered, beginning to cry a bit himself.

"J-Just now. James a-and I were w-walking back from-m a dinner w-when I got the c-call from my m-mom." Eliza looked up at John, tears streaming down her face rapidly

"I-I'm so sorry." He mumbled, quickly pulling away from Eliza. A feeling of dread filled his stomach, and he felt as though he was going to collapse.

"John?" James held a sobbing Eliza close to his chest. He had cocked his head to the side, and John tried to stay steady.

"I need to go see Alexander." He said and raced back in the direction of his dorm. He barged into the room, and Alexander turned his head from his computer to look up at him.

"John, what's wrong?" Alexander asked, immediately taking notice of the tears rushing down John's face. John walked towards his bed and sat down, not looking at Alexander when he sat down next to him.

"Eliza's d-dad passed a-away." He sputtered, and Alexander wrapped his arms around John.

"I'm sorry." He whispered, not exactly sure what to do.

"It r-reminds me o-of when my mom died-d." Alexander looked down at John. His fingers felt numb, as he was reminded of his mother's death for just a moment.

"Oh, John." He whispered, kissing the top of his boyfriend's forehead. John looked up at him with wet eyes, and Alexander kissed him gently, his arms still resting on his back. Alexander slowly pulled away, smiling slightly when John's lips lingered on his.

"Alexander?"

"Yes, my beautiful boy?"

"I love you to the moon and back." Alexander chuckled, kissing John again before replying.

"I love you to pluto and back." John grinned, tears still flowing down his cheeks. He giggled as Alexander peppered his face with kisses, and he ran his hands through Alexander's silky hair.

"I love you." He said again, and Alexander stared into John's eyes, his heart beating so loudly he was worried that John would be able to hear it.

"God, John, I love you, I love you, I love you. I don't think I can say it enough. I just love you so much, you have no idea." John had forgotten about everything that had happened earlier in the day. The only thing he cared about was the man sitting in front of him.

"I love you too." A silence filled the room.

"John." Alexander moaned suddenly, and John straightened his back, alarmed at the noise that had just come out of Alexander's mouth.

"What is it?" John asked, even though he knew perfectly well what Alexander wanted.

"Please," Alexander begged, and John smirked at the lust that was filling his eyes.

"Whatever you say," John said, and he slowly laid Alexander down on the bed. Alexander smiled greedily, and he crashed his lips against John's, who was already taking off his shirt.

———

"John! John, wake up!" John opened his eyes at the sound of Alexander hissing in his ear.

"What time is it?" He groaned, pushing himself up.

"Four in the morning," Alexander whispered. John looked over at where Alexander lay.