Chapter 4

Chloe knew that her aunt was not to know what had happened. As she opened the door of the house and went in she heard her aunts cheerful voice from the kitchen, a pang of guilt settled on the brain like a wet blanket. "Back already" her aunt said her eyes twinkling in the afternoon sun. "yes" Chloe replied trying not to let anything slip. "You look awfully tired you better get some rest", she brought Chloe in to a neat little room were a bed had been carefully laid out for her a small dresser sat in the corner with a vase of flowers upon it "thank you" Chloe said gratefully.

The next morning she woke to the sound of birds singing on the roof. Even though she knew she shouldn't Chloe was going to find the village she felt a strange urge to go to it.
She ate her breakfast that day in a rush and then left for the village. She didn't have a clue were to go but she was sure it wouldn't be hard to find an entire village. There would probably be a sign or something. She continued walking until she came to a divide in the road she carefully scanned the road for fresh footprints. An old village wouldn't have many people walking down there. The other road was dark and eerie with trees falling across the road. She took that one.