Chapter 2

"How did you do that?" Minho asked.
"I don't know! Really!" Percy pleaded. He was just as confused as everyone else.
"It wasn't me!" It said again, but it was no use. Every glade was staring at him like he had the plague. "Look, I'll prove it!" He took the glass of water and filled it. He poured over himself, expecting the water to hit him. But it it didn't. Again. "I swear I'm not making this happen." He said again. "Maybe this happens to everyone." He filled another glass and threw it on Gally. It hit him.
"You shank!" Gally said and would have charged at him, but Newt stopped him with a hand.
"Look, he clearly is just as confused as us. He doesn't know anything." Percy said a silent thank you to Newt. "I propose we have a Gathering." Alby said.
"Or we could just lock him up in the  Slammer until we get to the bottom of this." Gally interjected.
"No." Alby said. "Percy you stay here, try and figure out if you here. Minho, you stay too. Try and see if he has any more... talents." And with that, Alby and Newt lead the rest of the keepers to the Gathering.
"Hey, watcha shanks all looking at! Get some sleep!" Minho yelled, herding the Gladers to the homestead. He turned back to Percy. "I'll be right back, I have an idea." He rushed away, leaving Percy all alone. Out of habit, he checked his pocket, even though he knew there was nothing there. These were new pants, given to him by Newt. He pulled a pen out of his pocket. "A pen. How'd that get there?" He thought and shrugged. He uncapped and a full-fledged bronze sword appeared in his hands. "Woah!" He cried, dropping it in surprise. He picked up the cap and tried to fit it back on the sword. It shrunk back to a pen. He uncapped and it went back to sword. Pen. Sword. Pen. Sword. Pen. He capped and uncapped the pen/sword. Finally, he shook his head and stared at it.
"Hey, shank." Minho said, jogging up to him. "What's wrong?"
"This." Percy said, gesturing to the pen in hand. Minho took it.
"This is a pen!" He exclaimed.
"Uncap it." Percy replied, still dead serious. "But be careful."
"Why would I have to- What the klunk!" Minho exclaimed, dropping the sword.
"Exactly my reaction." Percy said. "I found it in my pocket."
"Do you think someone put it there?" Minho asked, picking up the sword and examining it.
"Maybe, but I don't think so. I haven't made any enemies."
"Yet." Minho said.
"Hey!" Minho just shrugged. "Hey, check this out." He pointed to some Greek writing on the hilt of the sword.
"Anaklusmos. Riptide." Percy said.
"Since when do you speak Ancient Greek?" Minho asked.
"I don't know." Percy answered. Newt and Alby came into the clearing and stared at the sword in Minho's hand. "Can you please explain," Newt said, "why Minho is holding a giant sword?"
"Percy had it." Minho explained.
"In my pocket." Percy added.
"You have big pockets." Alby said.
"It turns into a pen." Minho said, as if that was the most natural thing in the world. He capped it to demonstrate.
"Try it out." Newt said.
"Are you crazy? I've never held a sword before!" Percy exclaimed.
"You probably have, or else you wouldn't be carrying one around. Just try."  Alby said. Percy took the sword from Minho and slashed a tree. He jacked and stabbed and rolled. Only when the tree was completely obliterated did he stop admire his work.
"I guess I have used a sword before." He breathed.