Chapter 6

"I'm sure you're all wondering why I'm here." He continued. "Due to some unforeseen circumstances, we are forced to remove Percy from the Glade." He moved towards Percy, but Minho, Newt, Alby and some other Gladers blocked his path. "We won't let you do that." Minho said. Percy pulled out Riptide, but didn't uncap it.
"As frightening as that pen is, Percy, I'm afraid it won't help you."
Percy uncapped it, "I'm not going down without a fight!" The circle of Gladers around him tightened.
"Gladers stick together." Newt said.
"Yeah, you take one of us, you take all of us." Said Alby.
"Well, if you won't coraperate, I guess we'll have to do this the hard way."
"Umm, what's the hard way?" Minho whispered.
"I don't know, but I don't want to find out." Percy answered. "I'll go with them. I don't want anyone else getting hurt." He tried to step forward, but Minho stopped him with a hand. "We not just letting you go that easily, shank." Percy moved past his hand. "Minho, I have to do this. I can't let you guys get hurt." Percy goes up to Janson, "I'll come with you."
"Don't worry, we won't hurt you." Janson says, not at all reassuringly.
"You're the ones I'm worried about." Percy said, using as much bravado as he could muster. Janson pulled out a small device from under his jacket. He talked into it, but they couldn't hear what he was saying. He stepped out of the box and pushed Percy into it. He went down into the abyss. After a relatively short trip, he came to a landing and the door slammed open. He stepped out, and he could some talking through a small device. "We'll have to erase all of their memories." The voice on the other side was saying. "Bring up reinforcements. I've sent the boy down. It looks like we're going to send Thomas instead." At first, Percy had no idea what they were talking about. Then the man stared at him and he realized, That's Janson! He said he wouldn't hurt them! He- His thoughts were interrupted by the man. "Percy!" He said, his tone overly friendly, "We just need to go through some precautionary measures. Nothing to worry about. You won't even remember them." Percy backed away but the man grabbed his arm and steered him to a small room. It contained just a cot, with a mechanical mask on it, Beside the cot was a small table and a chair. It looks like an operating room. Percy thought.
"Sit there." The man commanded, pointing to cot. He turned and locked the door. The man sat Percy down on the cot, dropping the key into the drawers on the table next to him. "What are you going to do to me?!" Percy asked. The man didn't answer him. Instead, he continued rifling through the drawer next to him.
He pulled a long syringe filled with a green crystal colored water. "Don't worry," he said, "everything is going to be just fine." He put the needle in Percy's arm and everything went black.