Chapter 2

Turtlepaw braced herself and walked through the leaf barrier for the first time. Wow. Huge, leafy trees with seemingly thousands of branches towered above her. Small roots and branches flowed majestically from the main trunks.
Turtlepaw twisted around to see her own home from the outside, and her eyes went wider than they already were. Treeclan's home reached high above the other trees, all the way into the sky, it seemed.
"Turtlepaw!" An annoyed mew broke through her thoughts. "Where'd you go?" Turtlepaw turned around and spotted Pigeonfur and Honeypool staring at her. "Sorry." She mewed, embarrased.
Surprisingly, Honeypool's annoyed gaze softened. "I remember the first time I saw the forest." Her eyes seemed to glaze over, and Turtlepaw could almost see the memories dancing in her eyes. Pigeonfur nudged her with his paw, and even he seemed softer. "Lets go."
It wasn't long before Turtlepaw heard a loud rushing noise. "What's that!?" Wavepaw yelled, her mew almost drowned out by the deafening sound. Honeypool grinned. "The river."
Turtlepaw and Wavepwlaw cautiously crept over to the barrier of bushes blocking the so called river. They pushed past the branches and leaves to see a sight they would always remember.