Chapter 8

As they started towards camp, Turtlepaw raced over to the gray cat. "Hi! I'm Turtlepaw! What's your name?" The gray cat appeared flustered. "I- uh- I'm Dragonpaw." "Wanna sleep in the nest next to mine tonight?" Turtlepaw suddenly felt embarrassed for some reason. "I- I-" Dragonpaw was cut off by a dark ginger she-cat with green eyes.
"Oh I'm sorry did I inturrupt?" She asked. "I'm Gingerpaw, and you are?" Why is she doing this? Turtlepaw wondered. Hate, and something bitter tasting seethed through every vein in her body. "I'm Turtlepaw."
Gingerpaw pureed, seemingly in delight that she had gotten Turtlepaw angry. She rubbed more dirt in Turtlepaw's nose by asking: "it looked like you two were getting a little too close. Wouldn't want to break the warrior code now, would we?"
Teeth bared and claws unsheathed, Turtlepaw growled at Gingerpaw. And then she attacked. Technically, Gingerpaw attacked though. She took a swipe at Turtlepaw's ear and all of the hate, frustration, jealousy and confusion roiled up in the bitter form of bile. Turtlepaw leaped.
The she-cats rolled around, slicing at each other's pelts mercilessly. Turtlepaw suddenly heard Dragonpaw cry out, and turned to see him bleeding from the neck. Turtlepaw's eyes widened in shock as he slumped forwards, onto the forest floor.