The Truth

Ciara

I woke up with the sun beaming on my face. I looked around and noticed me and Denise was in bed alone. I got out of bed a threw on some slippers and went into the bathroom to wash my face and brush my teeth. When I was done I went straight up stairs looking for Janet. I stopped midway down the hall when I heard Janet and my mothers voice coming from the kitchen.

Mom: Yeah she has really been through so much and it's really good to see her smiling and happy. Can I ask you a question.

Janet: Yes you can ask me anything.

Mom: Do you like her more than a friend?

I leaned on the wall awaiting for Janet's reply.

Janet: Um...

Mom: I'm sorry you don't have to answer if you...

Janet: No no.....

I hear her start to laugh.

Janet: I just got a little embarrassed.... But to be truly honest with you Mrs. Harris I really like your daughter and I never felt like this about another girl this is all new to me.

Mom: Well you guys seem perfect together she seems like she like you a lot to.

It got quiet for a second so I use that opportunity to come in.

Me: Good morning beautiful ladies.

Janet: Good morning.

Mom: Good morning baby how'd you sleep.

I looked at Janet and smiled.

Me: I slept excellent mom.

Mom: Well good breakfast is almost done. Janet informed me about your friend. Is she doing okay.

Me: Uh I don't know she still asleep. She looked a little shook last night....

Denise: Good morning.

Me: Speaking of. How you doing?

Denise: I'm still a little shaky but I'm fine. Thank you again for coming to get me.

Me: No problem Denise I was glad you called me. Mom this is my roommate Denise.

Mom: Hi Denise. I heard what happen I'm glad you okay sweetie. You hungry breakfast is almost ready.