Chapter 1

Marinette's Point of View

"How did you get that cut?" Alya asked me, pointing out a scratch I had received yesterday. My eyes widened in fear as I hoped she would not remember how I was scratched as Ladybug during the akuma attack.

"I-I was designing and I saw a picture of Adrien! I um- ended up throwing the needle up in the air and it stuck in my face!" I lied as best as I could.

"Girl, you're such a dork sometimes," Alya laughed, hugging me, "You gotta be more careful!"

Relieved that she bought it, I smiled and hugged her back. Oh, how I thought at the time how I wished I could tell her who I really was.

"Adrien, your hot face wounded Marinette!" Alya yelled out, making me cringe and hide under the desk. When I went to duck, I hit my head under the desk, getting gum stuck in my hair.

"Wh-What?" I heard Adrien's voice ask, filled with confusion.

"Pfft. Agreste, you're clueless," Alya teased him.

I tried to pull the gum from my hair, but it only tangled more. The gum was still wet from its previous user, making it harder to remove. I sat up in my seat, whimpering to get Alya's attention.

"Marinette! Oh my goodness, let's get to the bathroom to get that out!" Alya decided, then went to ask for the teacher's permission. After being dismissed, Alya and I left to the nearest restroom.

"Looks like you need a little bit of Ladybug's luck, don't you?" Alya asked me, laughing a little.

"A little bit? I need like an entire sea dumped of Ladybug's luck dumped on me," I replied jokingly, but meaning it a little more than I had thought.We entered the bathroom, then went to a nearby sink.

"Okay Mari, I'm going to need you to take out your pigtails and put your head in the sink," Alya instructed me. I did as she said, then she tried to wash the gum out. To my misfortune, the gum would not come out of my hair.

"Girl, I hate to do this, but I think we're going to need the scissors," Alya sighed.

"Alya!" I yelped.

"What? I'll try not to cut off too much. I'll just make it as unnoticeable as possible," she tried to assure me.

"Please don't cut my hair," I begged.

"Okay, okay. We can try to find another way to do this. Um, let me search it up," Alya quickly tried her hands and grabbed her phone.

"Peanut butter!" Alya announced, smacking her hand on the sink.

I groaned. Wasn't there anything better and less gross than peanut butter to get the gum out of my hair?

Alya ran out of the bathroom to go find peanut butter, leaving me to sit with the gum in my hair in disgust. I picked up my phone, deciding I would see what was on the Ladyblog this week.

"Closer than ever to finding out who is the girl behind that Ladybug mask," the headline of one of Alya's articles read. It made my heart nearly drop, but leap at the same time.

Did I want Alya to know who I truly was?

"Girl, I got the peanut butter!" Alya exclaimed, kicking the door to the bathroom open. In her hands, she held a plastic bag containing a sandwich.

"Sure, okay. I may have snuck into Nino's backpack when he wasn't looking, but nevertheless, we got our peanut butter!" Alya explained herself.

"Wow, okay. Alya?" I called her name out as she dunked my head into the sink to wet my hair again.

"Yes?" She replied, getting the sandwich out of the bag.

"So, I guess you really want to know Ladybug's identity, don't you?" I asked, knowing she was rubbing the peanut butter from the sandwich into my hair with the two slices of bread.

"Oh, you read the Ladyblog from today!" Alya exclaimed cheerfully.

"But, why would you want to know the superhero's identity? Aren't you afraid she might not be who you think she is?" I asked sadly.

"I could never be disappointed with her identity. For all I know, Ladybug could be Nino and I would worship the living crap out of him," she laughed.

"Girl, I got the gum out!" She happily announced.

"Really? Thanks Alya!" I smiled, getting up to hug her.

She threw away the bread and chuckled, "Too bad about Nino's lunch".

We laughed and left to go back to class. I truly pondered the idea of telling Alya my identity.

Would she be supportive? Maybe disappointed...

When we got back to class, everyone was dismissed to go to lunch.

"Hey guys, sleepover at my place?" Nino offered to the three of us as we walked to the cafeteria.

"Sure! Let me just tell Natalie! I guess she would be chill about it since my father is out on a long business trip," Adrien pumped his fist up excitedly.

"Why not?" Alya replied, shrugging.

Didn't I have patrol today with Chat Noir, I thought.

Eh, he would be fine. Besides, he was a great fighter.

If an akuma attack broke loose, I'm sure I would be immediately notified since Alya always goes to film them.

I could just leave the sleepover and transform. Easy.

"Hey, where's my sandwich?" Nino searched through his backpack, causing Alya to snicker.