Chapter 18

After my parents re-enrolled me to Collège Françoise Dupont, I was happy to see all my classmates again.

"Welcome back, Marinette!" Rose squealed, running over to me to embrace me in one of her friendly hugs. Juleka followed behind her and welcomed me back as well.

"Thanks girls," I said with a smile.

"Marinette's back?! Cool! Now she could see more of my newest awesome dares!" I heard a male voice shout across the room.

"They're not that awesome, Kim! Also welcome back, Marinette!" Alix yelled to me, throwing a paper ball at Kim's head from where she sat.

I giggled in reply and thanked them.
Oh, those two were meant for each other.

"Hey girl," I heard a familiar voice say from beside me. Immediately, I was filled with excitement as I turned to see my best friend.

"Hey Alya!" I replied happily.

"H-Hello Marinette. I-I um, I know you probably already have lots of fanart, but I-I know how you're Ladybug and everything, so I drew you this. I wasn't sure if I could give it to you- or um if you'd want it..." Nathaniel held up one of his amazing drawings of me, being half Ladybug and half Marinette.

My eyes lit up at the drawing. "Thank you, Nathaniel! I love it!" I told him, taking the drawing he held out to me to put in the front of my school binder. He smiled, blushing and went back to his seat.

As I sat back down in my seat, I was immediately lifted in the air bridal style, and my gaze was met by none other than the actual amazing Chat Noir! Or Adrien Agreste. I mean, they're a package deal. Personally, I was glad.

"A-Adrien?" I choked from seeing his beautiful face without bracing myself. His face began to contort into a worried expression.

Quickly he placed my back down and started patting my back. "I'm so sorry, Marinette! Was I choking you? I know I'm Chat Noir, but I didn't I could kill you! Oh my goodness, my sweet princess. Someone get her some water!" Adrien began to panic.

My choking subsided into giggles and I pulled him into a hug, "I was choking because your beautiful model face was too much to handle! I'm fine, you cute dork!"

I immediately saw his worry change to relief, then flushed with redness. "C-cute? Princess, you think I'm cute?"

"I thought you knew that, Mister Leather Catsuit!" I pushed him softly with a playful smile. Suddenly his gentle eyes sharpened like his alter-ego's and he began to smile. I knew trouble was on the way.

"Well, you're ten times cuter!" Adrien smirked, shooting back at me with his remark.

"No, you're a hundred times cuter!" I shot back, lovesick giggles coming from me.

"A thousand times!"

"A million times!"

"You guys are so mushy," a small voice complained from Adrien's shirt.

"Shut it, Plagg. I bet you and your Camembert do the same thing everyday!" Adrien teased, causing his kwami to groan. I heard Tikki giggle at Adrien's statement, and I responded in the same manner.

"Hi Marinette! Hi Adrien!" Chloe jumped in excitedly.

"Hello Chloe!" I smiled and waved to one of my best friends. She smiled and sat in her usual seat. Sabrina waved happily to me and sat beside her.