Chapter 6

(Warning: Could be considered triggering in some ways?)

When I took off to school the next day, I was bombarded with Ladybug fans and had to sign many, many, many autographs. Finally, I made my way to my classroom, but the teacher hadn't arrived yet.

"You're our hero, Ladybug! I admire you so much!" Rose squealed happily.

"Same," Juleka woke up from her nap to say, then flipped her head back down on the desk to continue sleeping.

Then the bell to begin class rang.

"Ladybug!" Alya ran to her seat, clutching onto me when she sat down.

"Alya! Hi," I smiled nervously, gently trying to push her arms off of me.

"My idol touched me! Best day ever!!" Alya broke out into a smile.

"If you don't mind, can you just call me Marinette?" I asked, my teeth gritting.

"But you're Ladybug! And you just asked me to be casual with you!! My freaking idol just asked me to be casual with her!" Alya screamed.

"Would you please stop freaking out so much, Alya! We get she's your idol, but she's also your best friend and she has actual human feelings!" I heard a female voice come from the right side of the room.

"But she's freaking Ladybug! You can't just be calm when your idol is sitting right next to you! It's more fantastic than having Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez sit next to you!!" Alya stomped her feet excitedly, still clinging onto me. I saw her like this sometimes like when I interviewed her, but it was becoming harder. Everyone around me was acting like this, and it was scaring me.

"But she's also plain Marinette with human feelings! Would you stop it already?!!" Chloe argued.

For once, relief piled into me at Chloe's words. Calling me plain, it didn't hurt. It made me feel normal. I wished with all my heart I could just go back in time and not have revealed my identity.

"Are you trying to say that I shouldn't be happy that I am closer to Ladybug than you are?! I bet you're jealous!" Alya stood up, angrily pointing her finger at Chloe.

"Jealous?! You are overwhelming the poor girl with all your screaming and fangirling! I'm just trying to get you to calm down!" Chloe stood up yelling.

"You didn't ever give a single crap about Ladybug's civilian identity before you learned about it, so why now? Oh yeah, you're just jealous that Ladybug is my best friend!" Alya walked over to her threateningly.

"Alya, please calm down!" I tried to yell over the crowd that begun to form around the two girls in the classroom.

"I don't know if your creepy spying blog caught this, but at the Eiffel Tower yesterday, Marinette was crying! You and everyone else are overwhelming her and making her feel like her name means nothing!" Chloe yelled back. At her words, my eyes begun to tear up and my lip begun to tremble again.

"Ladybug is my best friend! Obviously, she isn't overwhelmed by me or I would've known!" Alya for all up in her face.

"Please stop!" I begged from a distance as my wavering voice was drowning in the noisy crowd. Nino was filming the fight, basically ignoring me. I had no clue where Adrien was. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I begun to cry silently.

"Just stop fighting!" I whimpered out, even more overwhelmed.

Everyone was crowding around the two fighting girls and I was trying to yell for them to stop. Their voices were screaming my name, pounding my head harder and harder. I squealed in sobs and cried, my face hot and my chest pounding.

"Ladybug!" I heard voices calling me from outside the classroom.

Everywhere there was someone after me. Frustration and pain built up inside me, my heart pounding harder and harder. All these voices and arguments screaming my superhero name. It sucked my energy, pulled my skin inwards, making me sweat uncontrollably. Tears ran from my eyes and my teeth clenched together hard, my hands grasping the side of the desk, my knuckles turning white, my stomach churning in pain. Ladybug, not Marinette. Marinette couldn't exist anymore. All they want is Ladybug. My teeth clenched harder and harder as my veins ran with boiling blood. There is no Marinette.

Then everything went black.