Meeting the parents

Today, L was going to meet your parents as your boyfriend. Of course he had to open with an alias but he did say he might reveal his identity. You were just as worried as him, your mum is no problem she's all for the idea of you having a boyfriend, but your dad- OOHH BOY.

You told L to dress nicely, and to him that means switching the usual white shirt for a white button up shirt and leaving everything the same... Good enough.

"(Y/n)... What if they don't like me?" He asked as you walked up to the door.

"They will! My mum will LOVE you" you have his hand a reassuring squeeze as you knocked on the door.

You heard the door unlock and saw your mum answer. She gasped and smiled.

"(Y/n) he's such a sweetheart! Nice too meet you" you mother said.

L half out his hand for a handshake but you mother dived straight into a hug, L was shocked at the sudden action but hugged back in a friendly way.

"If you need anything don't be afraid to ask, I'm pretty laid back I don't mind anything" you mum said.

"Good to know, thank you mrs. (l/n)" L replied.

"Hey, it's ok, just call me (m/n)"

L nodded and gave your hand a squeeze.

You both stepped inside and went to the lounge room. Your dad came down the stairs in your side vision.

"(Y/n) I'm going to straight up tell them, it'd make me feel better..."

You turned to L who had a worried look in his face.

"Are you sure?" You asked.

He nodded and took a deep breath.

"Mum, dad..." You said.

They both came over to you, your dad gave L a judging scan at his slouch and dark bags.

"I feel obligated to tell you both this because you're (y/n)s family and I know I an trust (y/n) and anyone related to her... Well, I am L and I have to ask you both too keep this confidential" he said.

You dads expression didn't change, but your mother smiled widely.

"REALLY?!" She examined.

"Really!" You replied.

"HONEY! THATS GREAT! HOW DID YOU GET THE WORLDS GREATEST DETECTIVE TO FALL FOR YOU!?"

"I honestly have no idea..."

"How did you two meet?" She asked.

"Well, it all started at a candy shop, she was buying a huge packet of lollipops while I was buying cake, I was short a few dollars and she happily gave me the money I needed, I kept seeing her at that shop and eventually we started hanging out and I started to fall for her, one I knew she trusted me, I told her I was L, and after a while we started dating" L explained.

"SO SWEET!" Your mum exclaimed.

"Now I have to tell you a few things about L, so please excuse his quirks, he has to sit in a certain way, I guess you could call it a condition. He also has insomnia so his appearance isn't always formal, and he has a thing for sugar, so don't be surprised when he asks for seven sugars in his tea" you giggled.

L turned to smile at you.

"But hey, you are what you eat" you added.

He laughed at your logic and have a slight nudge.

"Well in going to make dinner, you three have fun" your mother said and walked into the kitchen.

You sat down next to L on the couch, your dad sat across from you, you instantly felt a wave of worry flush over you.

"So a detective huh?" You father asked.

L nodded and surprisingly stayed calm.

"You wouldn't have worked on the LA BB murder case would you?"

"I did, and I can assure you I'm not Beyond Birthday" L said.

"I worked on that case, unfortunately I had to stop because we moved"

"I remember that!" You added.

"You're a fine detective, you have my respect" your father said.

"Thank you" L replied.

You felt relief all over. Thank god for that.

"Just know if your hurt my little girl I won't hesitate to take your sugar"

L quickly nodded, you just giggled at his reaction.

Well that went well, let's just hope the dinner works out....

((Part 2?))