Too much sugar?

Today was an odd day, you knew L eats a lot of sugar, but he was eating a lot more today. You weren't sure why, but you were worried that the sugar would be to much and he'd end up sick. You watched as he ate his third cake this morning, how did he even do this?

"Are you ok?" You asked.

"Yeah? Why wouldn't I be?" He said, taking another bite if his cake.

"You're eating a lot today, are you on your period?"

"Guys don't get periods, you know that"

"No but seriously what's wrong?" You asked.

"I've been informed I'm underweight. So I have to try and eat more rather than just putting 7 sugars in my tea" he explained.

"I guess that makes sense, but shouldn't you slow down and pace yourself a little?"

"Soon I won't have any time to eat because I'll be talking to the ICPO about the Kira case"

"Ok... just don't be surprised if you get sick"

"I won't, I can handle lots of sugar"

You turned back to your computer and typed away at your laptop as L took a lollipop of his pile of candy.

You decided five minutes. If he continued to eat like this for five more minutes, he'd be sick. You watched the clock as you typed, noticing L start to slow down in the food, he was still eating but not like he was before.

He leaned back on his chair and sucked on a sour lolly. You looked at the clock, any minute now he'd be sick. You could tell he wasn't feeling to good from his body language.

"Are you sure you're ok?" You asked.

"I'm fi-" he cut himself off by throwing a hand over his mouth and booking it down the hall toward the bathroom.

"Called it" you said to yourself.

You got up and grabbed a bottle of water. You then walked down the hall and toward the bathroom where you found L sitting next to the toilet, looking very sickly.

"Told you" you said.

"Ughh... shut up..."

You sat on the edge of the bath next to him, gently rubbing his back. He jerked away and turned to the toilet to throw up again. You shook your head and held his fringe out of the way.

"Idiot" you sighed.

He stepped back and held his stomach, hanging his head and groaning in pain. You handed him the bottle of water and  he took it from you, taking small sips.

"Felling better?"

He nodded and reached over to flush the toilet. You shook your head at his dumb move.

"And they call you a genius..."

"Shut up"

You wrapped your arms around him and gave him a gentle hug.

"No more sugar today alright?" You said.

"Ok..."

You laughed at how sad he sounded.

"Don't worry, you can eat sugar tomorrow. Right now you can just take it easy, I'll do the work until you feel better"

"See this is why I love you, you care way too much about me"

"I love you too"