You're more important

A/n: I meant I'd delete the update not the book calm down guys 😅 sidenote: I got an L body pillow today... I LOVE HIM OK.

"AHH!" You screamed as you suddenly woke up, quickly sitting up and looking around.

"Just a dream..."

You bought your hand up to your racing heart and took a few deep breaths, that didn't stop the tears that obviously started streaming while you were asleep. You instantly turned on the lamp to make sure nothing was hiding in the shadows. The light illuminated the room, revealing you had left the window open. You rushed out of bed and closed it, fearing the small entrance was a threat to your life. You closed the curtains and decided to check and see if everything else was locked. You wiped your tears away with your sleeve as you walked out into the hall, turning on the lights in every room. Luckily everything was locked, but that didn't stop the feeling your life was in danger. You sat on the couch and picked up the phone, you didn't want to disturb L while he was working in an important case but you had to talk to someone. He's the only one that would be up this late. You dialled his number and listened to the phone ring.

"Why are you up so late?" His calming voice said through the phone.

"I- just..."

"You had another nightmare again didn't you?" He said.

"Y-yeah..."

"Don't worry sweetheart I'll be home soon"

You heard him get up from his chair in the background and a few people talking.

"It's only 12! You don't have to come home I just wanted to talk to you for a bit!" You said.

"You're more important than a case (y/n)..."

Those words made your heart skip a beat. He's willing to fall behind n a case just to comfort you.

"You don't have to..."

"I'll be home in 20 minutes"

With those words, the phone line went down. He hung up so you couldn't argue against it. You put the phone down and sat there on the couch, trying to get the tears to stop before L came home, but it wasn't working.

How you, a girl with some real mental issues got the worlds greatest detective to fall for her was way beyond you, but you were happy it happened. L is the most caring person in the world underneath his emotionless shell.

You sat in the sofa and waited. Every little noise made you jump. Even the sound of L's keys unlocking the door made you jump and hide in a pile of blankets.

You heard the door click closed and his keys drop onto the self.

"Sweetheart, it's just me come out of your little cocoon please"

You pulled the blanket away from your face and saw L sitting opposite you.

"You know that if I'm out and you need me, you can always call. I'll drop everything and come to you alright?" He said, taking your hands in his.

"But your job is really important..." you said.

"You're more important than anything in this world (y/n). If you keep having these dreams and your feeling paranoid, we can take you to a doctor, they'll probably have some sleeping pills or something"

"Sleeping pills are what you should be taking captain insomniac"

"True. But seriously, I can take a day off work to take you to the doctor about this if you like" he suggested.

"I don't think it's that bad..."

"Ok... but if you have another one of these dreams I'm taking you to the doctors ok? And you have to tell me."

"Fine" you said.

"Good, now dry those tears sweetie... we'll go to bed and try and sleep this away alright?" He said, wiping your tears way with his sleeve.

"Ok" you nodded.

"I'm coming home early to keep an eye on you from now on ok?"

You stood up and L put an arm around you as you both walked back down the hall, turning the lights off on the way.

"You don't hav-"

"Yes I do (y/n), I worry about you"

You sat down on the bed and looked away slightly.

"Hey"

You felt the mattress sink beside you.

"Look at me" he said.

You turned to face him.

"I love you, don't ever forget that"