Chapter 1

Isaac woke up on a medical table and he had no idea where he was, he sits up and looks around and see's that he is in a small room, on his right he see's medical tools on his left he see's a cardiograph and an IV, Isaac pulls off the IV and cardio indicators, he see's in a corner his arctic survival suit, he goes over to it and puts it on. Once he put it on he heads out the door and sees two guards, the guards see him and stop him "Halt, you are not to leave here, you must stay and wait until Commander Lasky speaks to you." Isaac replies "What is this place?" "You are aboard the UNSC Infinity" Isaac replies "what is this, is it a colony ship" "No its not, but yo-" Commander Lasky walks in on the conversation "Good evening gentle men, and I have come to speak with, uh... what's your name" Isaac replies "Isaac Clarke" "OK, Isaac, I am Commander Lasky of the UNSC Infinity, and I want to speak to you in my captain's quarters" "Ok" Isaac says in confusion. They continue to the captain's quarters and Isaac asks "So if you are the Commander, then where is the Director?" Commander Lasky stops "What do you mean, we don't use... Whatever that is." "Wait, you don't know what a Director is, what kind of ship is this?" Isaac proclaims "Well it is a capital ship of the UNSC" "and what is the UNSC?" Lasky looks at him with disgust, "You don't know what the UNSC is, it stands for: United Nations Space Command." "Well never heard of it, I have heard of EarthGov" "and what is that?" Lasky asks "Well its the Government" "let's keep walking" "ok" Isaac says. They get to the door and it opens and Roland the Infiniti's A.I. is at the center of the table "You guys have A.I.s too" Isaac says "Yes Isaac we do" "Man last time I saw these, I was on the Sprawl." Roland begins to ask Lasky "Um... Commander Lasky, who is this person, he doesn't match any of the UNSC's data files any where" Lasky begins to think "Is that so Roland." "Yes sir, would you like me to add him to our local files" Lasky replies "Yes Roland that would be nice" "Good, sir what is your name?" "Isaac Clarke" "Ok, gender is male, and what is your Job?" Isaac Replies "Engineer" "Engineer, Ok, and that just about does it for a local file" Lasky turns to Isaac "Now Isaac, we found you floating in space and your suit seemed to supply you with enough oxygen to survive, until we found you and your technology seems to be a little more advanced than ours by a few 35 years maybe" Isaac then replies in confusion "wait, in space not on a frozen planet?" "Yes that's where we found you." "But that's not possible, I was on a planet not in space." "Well anyways, we would be happy to grant you a stay here on board the Infinity, and I would give you some quarters to live in." Isaac then asks "Wait, the weapons you found on me where are they" Lasky replies "well in our lab to be observed" "I need to go to the lab to retrieve my weapons." "Why?" "Because their mine." "Ok fine, follow me." They get to the lab, and the lab is but a big room with four walls on each side painted white and multiple metal tables with test tubes, metals, technology, and holograms, Isaac spots his plasma cutter on the table in the far left corner of the room and the rest of his weapons, he goes to the table and picks it up and two scientists stop him "stop you are not allowed to pick that weapon up, it is dangerous!" Isaac replies "Why, I own it" then it looked like the scientists mouth dropped all the way to the floor and just stare at Isaac's armor and then say "You are the man that we found in space?" "Yes" Isaac replies "well your technology is so advanced, that weapon uses Ionized Plasma, we have far too terrified to put that kind of material in weapons." "Yeah well I am taking it back, bye" Isaac then walks back to Lasky,  Lasky then leads Isaac to his quarters and gives Isaac the key card to it. Isaac then walks in and sees it is a small room containing only a bed with two blankets and one spare one, a computer with the QWERTY setup on the keyboard, some chairs, and two lockers on the other side of the room and a window next to the computer. Isaac then sits down on the bed and began to remember about Ellie and then he turned on his RIG and watched one of the old recordings they had back on Titan Station (The Sprawl), once the recording was finished Isaac went to bed and rested for the night.