Multiversal Man Hunt

Sanctuary: Present

Steven, Lapis, and Jazz walked through the crowded streets of one of Sanctuary's populated areas, Water Wings lazily using his wings while Rose Wings zipped back and forth through the air while staying with the group.

"What do you think the mission's going to be? Do you think it'll be a fight against Apocalypse? No, Steven would have probably had a dream if it were… Maybe it's going to be checking the surroundings just in case… Oh, or maybe we're going to deal with-"

"Maybe we should just wait till we actually get to the warp station." Water Wings offered with a kind smile.

"Oh." Rose Wings blushed in embarrassment. "Sorry."

Jazz looked over to Steven, finding him wearing pink pajamas. "Um, you're not planning on wearing thatfor the mission, are you?" She asked.

"Hm?" Steven said. "Oh, sorry." He said, his clothing glowing before changing to a pink, long-sleeved shirt with a pink star, blue jeans, and pink shoes with a yellow star on each side.

"Wait…you're naked?" Jazz asked.

"Yea, I guess." Steven answered nonchalantly. "What, did you think I wore that same clothes every day? I didn't bring any clothes. Besides, you guys never wear actual clothes either."

"Yea, but-"

"Yay, we're here!" Rose Wings cheered, turning their attention to the large, dome-shaped building before them.

Lapis stared at the building housing the portal machines, not realizing until now just how large and intimidating it was.

Rose Wings rushed through the open door, the rest of the team following suit.

Steven couldn't help but give a small smile, always finding some sort of interest and feelings of curiosity towards the sight before him.

He had been there before when he and Lapis first arrived to Sanctuary, marveling at the technology within. After becoming settled in, it quickly became one of his favorite places, the hybrid always making sure they went passed whenever Lapis forced him to "have some fun", which basically meant she wanted him to take her on a walk…like a dog except without that leash or a choice in the matter.

The walls were lined with large, metal rings of sorts used to generate the portals, entire floors of the palace dedicated to these generators. The devices functioned similarly to the hourglasses, transporting them from the current timeline to the desired one. However, the hourglasses couldn't perform the task necessary here. To put it simply, they simply weren't strong enough to enter or exit Sanctuary, which had been intentional. So, these powerful portal generators were needed in order to go to or leave the timeline.

Some were active, someone going out or coming in, others were empty of the blue light, but every single one of them was manned by at least one person. Their were sounds everywhere, people talking amongst themselves, the portal managers typing in the desired dimensional coordinates for the portal to open, even the whir of machinery to repair damaged generators. And the smells that wafted through from the other sides of the portals were almost delightfully overwhelming. Trees, flowers, salt water, magma, radioactive waste, the smells were all there.

"Well, look who finally decided to show up." General Bismuth called across the room jokingly with a wave to the team.

She stood before one of the portal generators, the top of the generator labeled, just as with others, with the squad it was to be used by. The label for their portal, Squad Alpha 0. At something reminiscent of a teal holographic computer with five different screens floating, sat the Pearl, Peridot fusion that had greeted him upon his arrival in Sanctuary.