Prologue

✖️✖️✖️✖️
{Fifteen years ago}

A small newborn girl was delivered to a lab to be tested on. Her DNA was altered and was given a chip in the back of her neck to create the first bionic human. The little girl- Lab Rat D- is the first one to be experimented on.

Donald told everyone that she was to be the only one to be subjected to this. He didn't approve of using an actual human child for science like this.

Lab Rat D kept seizing until her body structure became compatible with her chip. Then the seizing stopped. She was sleeping now, her tiny hands over her face.

"I think we have a successful one." A scientist stated, picking the child up in her arms, "Tell our bosses."

Soon after, a black haired man and spiky brown haired man walked inside the room and glanced over at the innocent child instantly. "Is she a success?" Donald asked the scientist holding the child.

"Obviously she is, Donnie." Douglas remarked beside him. The scientist passed the little girl over to Donald as he held her in his arms now. The baby yawned, looked him in his eyes, and fell asleep.

"Lab Rat D will start training when she turns three at the least." Donald stated.

{Twelve years ago}

I jump from each pillar on the ceiling with my enhanced agility, remaining in the shadows as scientists hunted for me. I giggle, noticing a familiar black haired man looking around. "Where is that kid?" He wondered aloud.

Douglas and Donald were like the only ones who I let myself become attached to and close with. They were my family and I theirs.

The scientists and Donald turned to another hallway as I use my sonic hearing and listen to my other favorite guy- Douglas.

I could hear other small children with him, which made me curious about that. I jump down and speedily run to Douglas's lab without getting caught by his brother or other scientists.

I stop behind the dark blond haired man, making him jump slightly. "Whatcha doing, Dougie?"

"D, you startled me. What are you doing?" He asked as he turned around to face me while hiding three kids behind him.

"Who are they?" I ask, pointing to the kids around my age. He looked over at them and back at me.

"They are- That's an excellent question. Don't tell Donald." Douglas answered.

I approach the three year old boy, the two year old girl, and the one year old boy. "Hey, I'm Adam." The oldest one said with an innocent smile.

"D." I reply also grinning.

"And this is Bree." Douglas said about the other two, first gesturing to the other girl and then the youngest boy, "And Chase."

I narrow my eyes with one arched eyebrow at Douglas. "Bionic? I'm supposed to be the only one because experimenting on humans is wrong."

"I, uh, it worked well with you, so-" Douglas started while trailing off. His thoughts told on him, though. I can sell them to the highest bidder to be perfect soldiers.