Home

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I fall onto the ground on my stomach while Elizabeth had landed on her feet gracefully. She walked over to me and helped me up, starting, "Welcome to Aerofexus, Destiny, the Malachite Realm." She grinned as I look around.

We was in a forest right now, but in the distance, there was a huge, white stone castle that overlooks a lake. This place is beautiful and, oddly, seems familiar.

"I've seen this place before- in my dreams. There was a baby girl who was like a princess in that castle and she was happy, safe." I admit softly, looking over at Elizabeth while remembering the warm feeling that came with that dream.

"That was you, my dear. You're the Lost Princess of Aerofexus. Someone had kidnapped you and sent you away through a portal to Earth, placing you in that lab with that note." Elizabeth replied. "Your father and I were devastated and heartbroken, so I travelled through a portal, watching you."

"You were always there." I murmur, now fully remembering my life here as a baby. "I remember when I was a baby here." Tears started to come to my eyes. I hug her as she hugged me. "Mom."

Elizabeth moved her hands against the sides of my face, looking me in the eyes. "Come on, let's go find your father." She murmured with a small smile. She wrapped an arm around my shoulders as we begin to walk. "Hopefully, we won't run into trouble with the Forest Trolls."

I look at her with a raised eyebrow, saying, "There's trolls here? Like those in fairytales?"

Elizabeth laughed lightly, "You have no idea. This place does seem like a fairytale- and it kind of is. There's trolls, unicorns, magic." She replied.

"Magic?" I repeat in amusement.

"There's light and dark magic. You are light magic and very powerful, Destiny." Elizabeth explained while we continue to stroll through the enchanting forest.

"Call me Des. I like it better." I reply, looking around the forest at the squirrels in trees, frogs on stumps, rabbits in their holes, and the other woodlands creatures. Everything seemed so... perfect. That warm feeling is inside of me again like the dream, and I like it. I actually feel at home already, but I miss my friends and Chase.

"It'll get better, Des." Elizabeth replied, seeming to know what I was thinking about. "If it's true love, you two will find a way to be together."

I look over at her, a little surprised. "That's what I had told him before I left- that we'll find a way." I move my hand down to my silver heart locket and move my thumb slowly across the engraving on the front idly.

"In this realm, we have a word for two people who were literally meant to be together. It's called soulmates. Now, I don't know if that's what you two are, but you'll immediately know if you are." My mother softly replied.

Then a large boulder blocked our path just as it stood up, forming hands, feet, and other body parts. He had on armor also. The creature had calculating black eyes and foul breath with twigs stuck in his teeth. Moss covered his shoulders, head, arms, and back. The rock creature was ten feet tall.

"Would he happen to be one of those trolls you mentioned?" I ask my mother.

"Yes. Look, Sir, I am the Queen and have returned with my daughter, the Princess. Let us pass." She stated with her chin held high like royalty.

"The Lost Princess? She'll make an excellent trophy to give to the Troll King." The large, rocky creature replied but mainly to himself.

"You will not take my daughter." Elizabeth said, pulling me behind her protectively.

"He's made of rocks. I can take him apart with just my earth ability." I reply, my eyebrows raised at the thought. I push my hand outwards effortlessly, breaking the rock troll into pieces.

"Nice work, Des." Elizabeth said as we step over the rocky mess and continue down the path.

***

My mother and I had finally made it to the beautiful stone castle and was escorted inside and to the king, my father

My mother and I had finally made it to the beautiful stone castle and was escorted inside and to the king, my father. I look around at the detailed paintings hung up on both of the walls. They were of my mother, my father, both of them, and then the last one was of all three of us. They both held baby me in their arms in the painting.

There were two knights' armor statues lined up at the front, the middle, and the end of the castle on both sides. There was a gray marbled spiral staircase on the left side of the two thrones, one for the king and the other for the queen.

My mother turned and looked at me and squeezed my hand in reassurance just as a dark blond haired, blue eyed man in a red coat came out. As soon as he saw us, tears filled his eyes.

The man ran over and hugged Elizabeth while spinning her around halfway, her arms wrapped around his neck, and then they kissed. Both of them were smiling as he moved his hands to the sides of her face, looking into her brown eyes. "You found me." He murmured, elated.

"We always find each other." Elizabeth whispered lightly with a sincere grin. "I found her. I found our daughter, David."

"I have my family back now. Where- Is that her?" David softly asked, stepping over to me as did Elizabeth who nodded, both of them smiling a little. "Destiny?" I nod slowly.

He pulled me into a tight hug, his hand on the back of my head

He pulled me into a tight hug, his hand on the back of my head. My mother joined in on the hug as well, her hand on the back of my neck. They had tears of joy in their eyes. "Dad? Mom?" I murmur with tears in my eyes also. They softly laugh in newfound happiness.

But then I find myself thinking, The greater the love, the greater the tragedy when it's over. A quote by Nicholas Sparks. But it seemed to fit, I suppose. It's a sad truth. I start to cry as they held me tightly, probably afraid that I would just disappear from them again.

"You're home now, Des." Both of my parents assured me and themselves, "You're safe." I softly laugh as did they with elated tears on our cheeks now.

✖️✖️✖️✖️