The Jet-Wing

✖️✖️✖️✖️

I sit upright and look around to see me resting on a bed in the Davenport house, my head hurting. I quickly geo-leap to my own bedroom at my house, staggering slightly. Okay, I'm going to be taking a break from my bionics for awhile.

I take a quick, cool shower and then change into a pair of denim, skinny jeans and a plain gray shirt with black combat boots. I dry my hair and have it in a wavy ponytail, leaving my bangs down.

I move my hand to the two important necklaces around my neck, the silver heart locket Chase gave me and the key to their house that Tasha and Donald gave me. The key is important to me because it makes me feel like as long as I have this key, I'll be part of their family and home.

Then I geo-leap back to the bedroom at Davenport-Dooley residence, stumbling. I lean against the wall, blinking away the dizziness. Starting now.

I walk downstairs and stop at the bottom step and look around. Chase and Bree were talking on the couch while Adam and Leo watched Donald fix a machine just as it sparked which made them jump in surprise.

"Great. Everything in the lab is officially useless, and I don't have any money to repair it." Davenport said.

"At least you still have your bionic kids, wife, stepson, and stepson's super best friend," I comment as everyone looked at what they were doing and over at me. I grinned, my arms folded across my chest and then unfolded.

They quickly walked over to me and hugged me tightly. "Are you okay?" Donald asked in concern.

"Yeah, just need to not use my bionics for awhile." I answer honestly.

"That is a good idea. While you were unconscious, your bionics were glitching and all over the place." Donald said, "I'm gonna have to monitor your bionics for a couple of days just to make sure everything's in check."

"Yeah." I agreed, smiling and sit down on the couch as my boyfriend sat beside me, our hands intertwined.

"And Mr. Davenport, take your time with the lab. I don't mind staying up here." Bree said, "I mean, it won't make up living in a basement for sixteen years, but it's a start."

"We don't have time. Your capsules have regenerative capabilities. They're crucial to your bionic infrastructure." Donald explained.

"Huh?" Adam asked lost.

"Let me help you. Capsule good!" Chase answered simply to him. Adam nodded in understanding.

"But, I haven't been in my capsule all week, and I feel fine." Bree said.

"Well, it's only a matter of time before your bionics go haywire." Donald replied.

"Do you know when exactly 'cause I have a haircut on Tuesday, and if I glitch in the chair, I'm just gonna end up lookin' like that train wreck." Adam said while gesturing to Chase beside me on the couch.

"Look, I get it. I'm short, I look like a lady golfer, and I have a terrible haircut. What else you got?" Chase asked his brother while I look back and forth at them amused.

"How long do you have?" Adam asked.

I move my other hand up Chase's arm and lay my head on his shoulder while holding his hand in my other one still. "Look, the longer you go without your capsules, the more likely you'll glitch." Donald spoke up, "So, don't use your bionics until I get enough money to rebuild the lab."