Chapter Two

Mari | 2007

It had been a month now since I settled in the foster home. It was now winter break for the three of us but we did nothing but sit in the house while our foster parents went and shopped but not for us. I sat in the window looking down as I watched the other kids on the block play , wishing I could go outside I decided to raise the window up and talk to them.

"Hey Tearia" I yelled as I cupped around my mouth so that my voice projected down and she would hear me.  "Girl come out chicken" She sassed putting her hand on her hips, although I wasn't allowed to go outside I sure wasn't going out there while it was cold.

"Get out the window before you get us in trouble" Brandon said making me roll my eyes and face towards him. "Shut up Brandon your the reason why we couldn't go on the porch today" I said to him as I put my hair into a pony tail sitting on top of my head just anyway since I wasn't doing anything today. Looking out the window the house across the street turned into flames and a women that had the same hair as my mom but with no face banged on the window looking directly at me in my eyes. The man with no face tried prying the window open but no luck with that. Tears streamed down my face as I hopped up grabbing my coat and sliding my house shoes on with the house phone quickly dialing 911.

"Yes there is a fire across the street from my house the man and lady are trapped" I panicked in the phone as the phone was snatched out my hand I looked up to see Brandon. "Why are you out here ? You gone get us in trouble" He said grabbing me by the hood of my coat. I heard sirens from a distance glancing at the house across the street that sat perfectly fine, watching the women glance at me then close the curtains. I sighed in disappointment slightly looking up to see the fire fighters hoping out their trucks walking up to my house with a officer behind them who eventually cut in front of them.

I had no type of luck. Here comes Peggy and Shelby rushing out their car to see what was going on. "Excuse me ma'am ar-"

"Oh god what happened ? We went to the store for ten minutes" Shelby said making me roll my eyes mentally, ten minutes ? They had been gone all day long. "Are you the little girl that made the phone call ?" I slowly looked up nodding my head as my heart started to pound out my chest. "You can't play like that okay ?"

"I-"

"You understand ?" The officer said with base in his voice as I turned around receiving death glares from Shelby and Peggy. "Sorry. I understand sir" I said as tears burned the brim of my eyes, not only because I was embarrassed I know I wouldn't be eating tonight. Slowly walking in the house I watched as Brandon stood there with a shock look and Brayden stood there glaring at Shelby as I was swept up off my feet pinned against the wall.

"Do you know how much trouble your dumb ass could get us in ?" I shook my head yes as the tears started to fall and my hair started to fall down from being shook. Thank god I wasn't an infant because of the way he shook me I would've had baby shaking syndrome. "Get your ass upstairs don't say nothing for the rest of the night. Don't even get in the shower you hard headed ass little girl! I should break your fingers for touching my phone"I nodded my head not having anything to say hurrying up the steps going into my room closing the door climbing under the covers.

I wondered why my mom and dad just would leave me like this ? It had only been a month and I was ready for this to be over with. I raised up seeing that it was starting to get dark outside living being that the weather changed it got dark quickly making the nights longer and longer for me to be here. Hearing car doors slam I looked to see Peggy and Shelby leaving I creeped out my bed looking down the hall walking to Brayden's room well attempting.