Louis-Appendicitis

This book was originally thought to be an extension of A Slip of Fate, so that's why there are references to it.  No worries, it still reads like a regular Sick One-shot.  Enjoy and add this book to your Reading List!  I'll be updating regularly like my other book, and I do take requests!

Words: 5,199 

In this, Harry is a doctor, by the way. :)

Harry had another date with Louis that night. He was really looking forward to it. They'd only been dating for a little over a month, and it had been the best month of Harry's life. They planned on staying in that night and just having dinner and a movie at Harry's house. Sometimes they went out, but occasionally they liked to just hang out at the house, just the two of them.

Harry was at work, and his first patient was a ten-year-old girl with a swollen ankle. "So how did this happen?"

The girl was silently crying as she explained. "I was climbing a tree at the park with my friend, and I jumped down from the branches."

Harry reached for her foot, holding it gently in his hand. "Can you move it at all?"

She shook her head, and more tears and cries were heard.

"It's okay. You don't need to be upset," Harry told the girl gently. Her mother was sitting in the chair next to her, looking worried as well. "It'll be ok. We're gonna take some X-rays first and then we'll come back and talk, okay?"

The girl nodded. A nurse walked in with a wheelchair to take her to the radiology room. Meanwhile, Harry moved on to the next exam room to visit with his next patient.

During his lunchbreak, he sat at his desk, thinking about Louis. He thought about all the dates they'd been on and how he first met him outside on that cold, winter evening. He smiled when he thought about how many times he'd seen him every day but was too shy to say hello. He was just so fortunate that he was there for Louis when he saw him slip on the ice.

Harry's door creaked open, pulling him from his thoughts. "Uh, Doctor, they're waiting for you in exam room three, sir."

Harry looked at his watch. He had gone over his lunch break by eight minutes. He needed to stop daydreaming so much. "Oh, sorry. I'll be there in a sec."

He went to see his next patient, putting his thoughts about Louis on the back burner. Once the day was finally over, he was glad to be able to go home so he could see Louis. As Louis walked home from campus, he always stopped at the parking lot of Harry's workplace so Harry could drive him to his car. It wasn't that far away, but when walking, it seemed a lot farther.

As Harry left work that day, he was surprised to see that Louis wasn't there. He checked his watch again, wondering where he was. He waited for a couple more minutes before sending him a text. Louis responded, telling him he wasn't feeling well enough to go to his classes today, but he still wanted to see Harry and go on their date if Harry didn't mind.

"I don't want to get you sick, though, Harry," Louis said.

"Aw, pfff," Harry texted back. "I'll risk any sickness just to be with you, Lou, as long as you're feeling up to it, that is."

Louis smiled as he texted back. "Okay, I'll be there at 6:00. See you then!"

Louis had been feeling off all day. He wasn't throwing up or anything, but there was just something not right. He wasn't feeling like himself. He really didn't feel like going to classes today, much less walking around on campus. All he wanted to do was to curl up against Harry with a good movie. He wasn't hungry at all, so he made sure to tell Harry not to make him any food.