Pneumonia-Harry

Hey, guys!  I've got another request for ya.  This one's from Ruby91730 .  Hope you like it. 

Words: 3,930

Harry awoke the next morning feeling pretty crappy, as in crappier than usual. The last couple days he just hadn't felt much like himself, like he was coming down with something. He didn't have much of an appetite and had been feeling lightheaded lately and was very tired.

He looked over at his boyfriend, Louis, lying beside him peacefully. Louis was a doctor at the local hospital and was given a week off for vacation. Harry could in no means tell Louis he was sick. Louis had been ecstatically happy that he'd get time off to spend with Harry and do whatever they wanted all week. It was all he could talk about. Harry couldn't spoil this week for him.

Harry got out of bed and waited for his vision to clear up before walking to the bathroom. He did his business, brushed his teeth and washed his face, hoping he'd feel a little better, but he didn't. He sighed annoyingly and took in a deep breath. He winced and put his hand to his chest. Ow, that hurt, he thought. That was a new symptom.

His eyes were still tired, but he couldn't have slept any longer. He was always tired lately. He felt a little warm, too, like maybe he had a little fever, but he didn't care to investigate. He was going to push through this and hopefully he'd feel better soon, hopefully before the week was up. He wanted to have fun with Louis as well, not pretending to have fun.

To keep up appearances, he decided to make Louis waffles. He dragged himself into the kitchen and added water to their pancake mix from the cupboard. After the waffle iron heated up, he poured in the batter. He sat on the bar stool and held his head in his hand as he waited, almost falling back asleep. It was when he heard a noise from the hallway that he roused himself and stood up quickly.

"Morning, Haz," Louis said, his voice raspy from sleep.

"Morning, Lou," Harry replied with a big smile. "I'm making you waffles."

"Oh, that's great," Louis said, coming into the kitchen to join him. "Smells really good. I'm so glad I have the week off!"

Harry smiled. "Yeah, me, too." Once the waffles were done, Harry plated them for Louis. "I already ate mine," he lied. "I didn't know when you'd wake up." The smell was messing with his gag reflexes, and he was beginning to regret having made them.

"Oh, ok. Sit with me?" Louis asked, pouring syrup on them.

Harry sat down quickly. That one he could do.

"So what do you wanna do today?" Louis asked between bites. "We can do anything."

Harry felt a need to cough, but he couldn't suppress it. He let a couple of them out into the crook of his arm. "I don't know. Just hanging out at the house is fine with me, too." Harry watched Louis's face, how he seemed to be contemplating his answer. His eyebrows crinkled and went up as if in thought.

"Yeah, I guess. I haven't been home much lately. We've got all week to think of something fun," Louis said. He sipped his orange juice and dipped each piece of waffle into the puddle of sticky syrup.

Harry coughed again, turning his head away from Louis.

"You coming down with a cough?" Louis asked as he chewed.

Harry shrugged. "I don't know. Maybe. It's nothing."

"You should probably take some vitamin C today, love." He finished off his orange juice and poured himself another glass.