Louis Takes the Bullet Part 2

Y'all know how I feel about part two's, but I'm gonna give it to you anyway.  Here goes.  I wrote it as soon as I could so you'd still care about it.

Words: 1,528

The following week as Louis healed at home was pretty awful to say the least. He was constantly in pain and not in a good mood. He rested on the couch and slept most of the day while Harry had to go to work. It was pretty much sleep, eat, change dressings, watch tv, and go to bed, and then do it all over again the next day.

"Hey, honey!" Harry announced when he came in through the front door. Louis jumped, still not keen on hearing the creaking of the door when it opened. The sound still made his heart skip a beat even now.

"Hey," Louis called back.

"How was your day?" Harry asked, coming in to put his doctor things down. "How's your arm?"

Louis shrugged and regretted it immediately, holding his arm in a wince. "Ahh. . .been better," he choked, grimacing as he held onto his aching arm. It had been three days since the shooting and the pain hadn't gotten much better. It still burned and ached, especially when moved.

Harry frowned. "Careful, don't do that. We don't want it to start bleeding again." They had stitched up the bullet wound on both sides of his arm at the ER, but if he wasn't careful, it'd bleed easily again. Harry leaned in and gave Louis's frowning face a kiss. "I know what will cheer you up. Want some more chicken noodle soup?"

Louis sighed. That's all Harry had been feeding him lately, and his stomach was begging for more sustenance. "Haz, I'm kinda. . . tired of chicken soup. Can you make something else?"

Harry's face fell for a moment and then perked up as he snapped. "Chicken and veggies over rice. How does that sound?"

As long as it wasn't soup, it sounded perfect. "Sounds great."

After they ate, Louis was hoping Harry would forget what they usually did afterwards. Maybe he'd forget it he used the bathroom and took a long time doing it? After he did his business in the bathroom, he was none too pleased to see Harry perched on the couch with clean gauze in his lap.

Harry patted the seat in front of him. "Come on, babe. It's time."

Louis sighed and rolled his eyes. "I was hoping you'd forget."

Harry laughed and then coughed in his elbow. After clearing his throat, he said, "Turn that way."

Grudgingly, Louis turned to the side, giving Harry full access to his injured arm. Louis was so apprehensive about the inevitable pain that would follow that he was squeezing the edge of the couch with his hands, knuckles turning bone white.

Harry noticed. "Relax, sweetie. I know it hurts, but just relax and breathe for me." Harry began slipping the sling's strap off his neck and taking it completely off as Louis kept his broken arm at an angle, keeping it up against his chest. Moving carefully, Harry started unwrapping the bandage from his arm.

Beneath the wrapping was the blood spotted band aid. Harry breathed in deeply as he prepared himself for the next step. He lifted the corner of the band aid and began peeling it back from Louis's skin. Once it was mostly off, he pulled again but part of it was stuck. This was what Louis was afraid of. A part of the bandage stuck to Louis's wound and he screamed out in pain.

Harry stopped immediately.

Louis's face became pale and sweaty. Harry tugged again.

"Ow!" Louis cried. "Stop! Ouch!"