Harry is Bullied

This is a request from.  AnneMarieSchuyt95 

As much as I love writing Larry, updates are going to be a lot slower because I've decided I need to focus on writing a novel, which is something I've always wanted to do. Unfortunately, writing fanfics don't get you anywhere.   

I'll still try to write some every now and then, especially when I need a break. 

Words: 2,807

Harry was scared. It's not something that Harry would ever admit, and the word fear was never in his vocabulary. At least, it wasn't until the last two months. Harry was a construction worker and the crew had hired on two new employees, and they were making Harry's life a living nightmare.

"Go get me more nails over there," one of the men ordered as he steadied the hammer over the nail. His name was Vince.

"I'm kinda busy right now," Harry said, as his hands were full of two-by-fours. It was the wrong thing to say.

"You talking back to me again, son?" Vince said, eyeing Harry up and down, rising to his feet. "I said I need nails, and you're going to get me some."

Harry backed away, but he was too slow. Vince strode up to him and pushed him backwards, and Harry fell straight back into the chain-link fence, the wood tumbling from his arms in a pile. The fence was old and gnarled, with spikes everywhere. Harry felt them dig into his back and he heard his shirt rip, followed by a sharp pain tear through him as he fell to the ground.

He got up from the ground as Vince went back to work, and Harry walked the five feet to the nails, shoving them in Vince's face.

Vince took the box of nails with a jerk of his hand. "See to it that you listen to me next time."

The problem was that the crew all knew Harry was gay. Louis, Harry's boyfriend, or Dr. Tomlinson as he was known in town, had brought him lunch one time and everyone saw them kiss. Everyone was okay with it, but not these new employees. Word got out to them of Harry's orientation by word of mouth. They were homophobic and weren't afraid to let Harry know it.

Harry went to the porta- potty to check out his latest wounds. His back was bleeding with multiple scratches, so he took some toilet paper and applied pressure to them as well as he could. There was one long scratch on the back of his bicep that he knew he'd have to hide from Louis.

He hadn't told Louis about the bullying. He didn't want to worry him. Instead, he just started wearing shirts to bed. Harry didn't want to show Louis all the scars he had accrued over the last few weeks. This wasn't the first time he was cut on something because of Vince and Greg. His stomach and chest had bruises in various stages of healing, and his legs and knees had several scars and bruises that weren't gained from daily work.

That was, however, how Harry explained any injury away to Louis if he happened to see. Oh, that little cut? Pfff. I fell down at work today. Clumsy me. Oh, that bruise? I hit myself with the hammer on accident.

That night when Harry got home, he was bloody sore. His back really hurt and the cuts were burning. He tried to keep a straight face nonetheless.

"How was work today, Harry?" Louis asked, preparing dinner. He wasn't a good cook, but he offered to help out with the cooking, so they took turns.

"It was fine. How was yours?" he asked. He didn't want Louis seeing his ripped shirt, so he made his way slowly down the hallway.

"Fine. Same as always I guess," Louis said. "Dinner will be ready soon."