Help Wanted: Chancellor

Elena's POV

'That did not go at all how I expected with Esteban but, what does he expect me to do? He's my cousin but, the kingdom? I-'

Knock Knock

"Who is it?"

"Naomi!"

"Come in."

"So, how did it go with Esteban?" She asked, unknowingly.

"Great..." I rolled my eyes, "Except it didn't."

"Why? How come? What did Esteban do this time?" Naomi replied I forgot about her and Esteban's poor relationship. (A/N: Since the episode Finder Leapers)

"Well, he completely flipped when I told him about finding a substitute chancellor for a bit." I continued.

"Well, I guess that's kind of understandable like, if you tried to kick me off of the Grand Council I would get a bit upset too." She said.

"I guess-"

"On the other hand, he did deserve it and he always questions your and everyone's ability to do anything."

"Okay, there are two sides but, what's done is done and it's time to choose a new chancellor." I said, "Well for the time being."

"We will find a great one tomorrow Elena." With that, Naomi exited my room.

Knock Knock, I heard a final time.

"Yes?" I asked.

"It's Gabe!"

I walked over to the door, "What's up?"

"I just wanted to ask how everything went." He asked nervously.

"Fine." I shrugged.

"Well knowing you I'm sure it will turn out great," Gabe said while blushing.

"Thanks, Gabe," I replied also blushing.

"Well I'll see you tomorrow I guess." He said as he exited.

"Yeah bye!" I replied.

_______________________The Next Day__________________________

I nervously walked into the meeting room for the Grand Coucil, to see my family, Gabe, Naomi, and Mateo already there as well, as some people in fancy clothing with briefcases.

"Who are they?" I whispered to Abuela.

"They are you your choices for replacement chancellor, dear." She replied.

"Okay," I replied.

"Hello, I'm Elena and today we will decide who will be our temporary chancellor replacement!" I said as I walked to the table in the center of the room. Abuelo and Abuela joined me at the table along with Gabe, Naomi, Mateo, and Isabel all sat against the wall.

"Where is Esteban?" Isabel whisper-screamed.

"I don't know." Just as I said that Esteban entered the room, straight faced and sat down in a chair.

"So, Esteban you ready?" Isabel asked.

"Meh." He replied indifferently.

"Ok then." Isabel said.

We saw tons of people and everyone seemed so awesome but, every time I looked at Esteban he showed no emotion.

_____
Thank you guys for reading, next chapter the replacement chancellor will be chosen! I don't own the characters 😕, please comment and vote! I hope you all have a Merry Christmas today mine was awesome 😎!  Also, happy holidays to you guys too!