Chapter 5

''Food is ready, Em. Thanks for helping,'' Harry tells me when I return from the bathroom. I walk over to the table with the plates in my hand. 

''It smells delicious.'' I tell him and he gives me a smile.

''When do your classes start?'' He asks me while we both start to eat. We're sitting again at the kitchen countertable in front of each other. 

''Today it's Saturday and my first class is on... Monday. So only two days," I say and sign. My first classes and the challenge... This is too much. Okay no, do not think about that. Take the cheese and eat the pasta Emily. 

''Goodluck then. I would not know what it's like, nor my friends or myself ever went to college,'' Harry explains. His friends. Niall. Goddamn this is exhausting. 

''And Niall?'' I can't help myself, but Harry shakes his head in reponse. 

''No? How old is he actually?'' I ask and I have to be careful. Don't smile too bright and don't be too curious, because I can see it in Harry's eyes that he thinks I'm a little bit too interested in Niall. And he's damn right... 

''Only 18 years old, but he's taking a year in between or two. I don't really know,'' He explains and I nod.

''Why do you wanna know?'' He asks before he takes a big bite of his pasta.

''No reason. Just interested in you and your friends,'' I say and he chuckles.

''I'm glad that I know you.'' He says and smiles. 

''Me too,'' I tell him and his eyes light up.

''Really?'' He says and I nod. 

''You've changed me, Emily.'' He says and I almost choke on my food. What did he just say? Is he serious... 

''What?'' The word barely come out of my mouth and I take a sip of my water to recover. Harry stands up and walks over to the couch, picks up his laptop and heads back towards the me. 

''What do you wanna show me?'' I ask. 

I'm curious. Did I really change him? How? And why? Or is it one of those 'lines'? Where they tell you I've changed and then fuck the next girl they see... 

''Look, these are pictures of me at party's. I think you'll understand after seeing this," Harry turns the laptop so can take a look at the pictures. He's kissing a different girl, no multiple different girls in every fucking picture. I bet he fucked all of them afterwards. Damn he's... Well, actually, I'm not surprised since it only took two words after we fucked one another. 

''Did you sleep with all of them?'' I ask after I've seen 15 pictures. I turn the laptop away, I've seen enough of this shit. Harry nods but looks down. Is het not proud of this? 

''Look Em... I didn't sleep with anyone after we had our little thing in the bathroom," He explains and I give him a smile. It's only been three days and I've been here since yesterday, so should I be proud or...? 

''Why?'' I ask and he shrugs his shoulders. 

''Honestly, I don't know,'' He says and looks at the ground. Shy? Again? 

''I'm the same as you,'' I tell him and he looks back up at me, straight in my eyes. 

''Before you, I've fucked every guy that crossed my path. I'm fucked up and I doubt that anyone can change that. I don't know if people can change over night, Harry. And you're betting on the wrong horse, love. I'm a slut. You don't want anything to do with me," I try to say as harsh as I can. He can't fall in love with me. I have to make sure I'm keeping him armslength away, otherwise I'll break his heart too. I don't want that. I look at Harry who's been staring in silence ever since the last word has left my mouth.