Chapter 9 Home is where Happy comes Easy

105 views yaaaaaay! Thank you all so much I honestly didn't think I'd get any views on this so THANK YOU. Alright I'll shut up now...💡📽🎬

Karma's POV
I couldn't help but see how excited YN was as she peered out the window of the airport into the city streets. Detroit. Home to tall buildings, traffic and a Tackle football team called The Lions. The sun was just now rising here in Michigan and the yellow morning light made the snow sparkle and gleam. I was in aww as I looked at the winter wonderland. Sure we got snow in Japan, but nothing like this. The trees were covered in a thin layer of ice making them look like glass, snow was falling in large thick flakes, and got tangled in people's hair and the lights that were hung for Christmas was reflected across the six inches of snow, making them more bright. We sat in a waiting area, waiting for someone YN knew. Apparently her name was Ms. Good-witch.
"YN!" A voice yelled happily from behind me. I turned so see a women in her mid thirties. She had her greying blonde hair tied in a pony tail, green eyes and a large grin on her face as she pulled YN into a hug.
    "Glinda!" YN squealed. As she hugged the woman back.
    "And who is this?" Glinda asked peering down her narrow glasses at me.
"Hi I'm Karma." I nodded.
"Oh YN you didn't tell me you had such a hot boyfriend." Glinda squealed.
"We're not dating." We both said quickly.
"Hmm." Glinda smirked. "Maybe not, but you should. I mean you're already reading each other's minds." She gabbed YN's arm and through her hand into the air. "Alright let's go! Everyone is waiting!"
    I chuckled and grabbed our luggage, this was going to be interesting.

Kurasama's POV
    I walked into the house at around 9:00, I was able to sneak out of the office earlier than usual and was quite proud that I was making improvement, I had even convinced my boss to give me Christmas off, but it hadn't been easy.
    "Kurasama I need you on Christmas." My boss sighed.
    "No! No, I'm not working Christmas I have a daughter now." I tried to explain.
"Didn't you plan on having Erina come discuss the progress on killing...what do you call him?.... Kuro Sensei? That night?"
"No I didn't plan on her!" I yelled, I knew my boss 'shipped' as the kids say, Erina and I but I had no time for relationships.
"If I give you Christmas you better be working triple time on New Years."
"Fine fine you win, I will see you then."
I flipped on the lights and was welcomed by an empty room. I thought that was weird sense even if YN had gone to bed, she would had left the lights on. Entering the kitchen I found I torn half sheet of paper with a note scribbled down.
Dear Kurasama,
    I am sorry for leaving without letting you know, but it has come to my attention that you will be working over Christmas. I have decided to visit some old friends to give you a better work environment and I will be home on the 3 of January.
    I stood dumbfounded as I stared at the white strip of paper, why would YN even think that I would work on christmas? Then I replayed the conversation I had with my boss in my mind, and groaned as I thought about how she would had heard it. I grabbed my phone and called YN's cell but after letting it ring for a minuet all I got was her voice mail.
"Hey it's YN! I can't come to the phone right now but if you leave a message I'm sure I can get back with you ASAP have a fantastic day!" Beep.
I hung up the phone and sat down on the couch, rubbing my forehead. I had never heard YN's voice sound so perky, sure she was talking in English but I was fluent in English and knew that wasn't it. What was I missing? Why did she sound so happy over the voice mail? Why did she seem so...sad now?
I flipped my phone open again and called Karma, in her note she said that she was spending Christmas with a friend. As far as I knew Karma (the bad boy from hell) was her closest friend. (No matter how much I disapproved.)
"Hello?" Karma a voice came over the speaker. I could hear traffic in the background and lots of people, I didn't even want to know what Karma was up to. I had all of the kids' phone numbers, between all the assassins after Kuro Sensei I thought it would be a good way to keep everyone safe.
"Excuse me Karma, is YN with you?" I asked quickly as I heard him begin to chuckle.
"Ha ha!" Karma laughed at someone he was talking to. "Umm..ya she...YN what are you...uhf! Alright your dead! Prepare to eat snow!" Karma yelled as he quickly hung up the phone.
"What is he talking about? It's not snowing, and the snow didn't stick form yester..." And then it hit me old friends not friends. YN was in Michigan.
I shouted a word I would never say at work or in front of anyone, grabbed my coat and ran out the door calling the airport. "Hello I need one ticket to Detroit Michigan."
YN's POV
We walked down the side walk towards the parking ramp and Glinda and I were talking a million miles per hour trying to cash up.
Karma chuckled at us as his phone began ringing. "Hello?" He asked.
"Karma! How dare you answer your phone wile we are talking with you!" Glinda shouted pretending to be insulted. "I just can't... Nope I'm done, you must die." Glinda stated as if it was the most normal thing in the world to kill someone for answering a cell phone.
Karma laughed as he tried to answer the caller. "Umm...ya she..."
While he was distracted I slowly grabbed a handful of snow and rolled it into a ball aimed and threw it before karma could even finish his sentence.
"YN what are you...uhf!" The snow ball smacked karma right in the face, covering his red hair, face, and neck with white powder.
Karma glared at me with his gold eyes that flickered with mischief as he bent down gathering snow. "Alright you're dead! Prepare to eat snow!" Karma closed his phone and launched the snow ball at me covering my jacket in white.
Before long, Glinda, Karma, and I were running around the side walk throwing snow at each other and laughing so hard our stomachs hurt. Of course Glinda won, being the dean to a combat school. Karma and I were covered with snow and we're now shivering in our wet clothes.
"Oh dear!" Glinda exclaimed. "Let's get you two warm." She ushered is forward down the streets and into the parking ramp. We laughed the hole way to her silver Pilot, and I could easily tell this was home,  this was what happy was.