I Wanted To Cry, I Should've Known

I Didn't even see the person behind me. "Sectumsempra." Was all I heard. Then, red. burning pain. I screamed. It echoed in my brain, the sound vibrating, bouncing off the walls of my mind. All I could feel was pain. 

I could feel cuts opening, blood pouring out. 

My vision was blurred. But I made out enough to know who did it. Brown hair, curly, a jealous scowl i'd seen too many times to not recognize it. "Lavender?" I whispered. She smirked, "That's right... Mudblood." I knew Lavender was a pure blood, but at the minute, I was in too much pain to care what she called me. 

A blob dressed in Hogwarts robes and bleach white hair. "Petrificus Totalus!" He yelled in rage. I heard a thud, and Lavender Brown was on the ground. Ha, that rhymes. 

Not the time, Hermione.

He ran over to me and I squinted at him, trying to clear my vision so I could see who it is. I guessed, "Malfoy?" Stupid, Hermione. What other blond to you know? The blob nodded, "Granger?" I sighed in relief.

I heard someone walk in, "Silly me, I almost forgot my-" There was silence, "Malfoy!" Harry! I heard the warning in his voice. Malfoy had better be careful. "Out of all of the spells." He grumbled. I heard Malfoy cry, "It wasn't me!" 

"Oh I suppose Hermione just did it to herself?" I moaned in pain and annoyance, I felt so weak. "Harry, It wasn't him. He came running."

Harry ran over to me, I could only tell because of the dark hair. "Hermione, who did this?" I pointed a finger at Lavender's body. My finger was shaking. But then, my eyes closed and I could only hear the muffled conversation of the two boys. 

"Cure her!" Someone shouted, probably Malfoy, it sounded like him. "I don't know how!" I mentally groaned, My knights in shining amor. 

"You did the spell to me!" Malfoy. I wanted to laugh at that. I bet there was an uncomfortable look on Harry's face. "Yeah, sorry about that. But Snape healed you!" Malfoy groaned, "Then let's get Snape!" Harry must've said something but it was severely muffled. Malfoy groaned, "I don't care. As long as she wakes up." 

There was silence, then Malfoy said, "What?" Harry said, "I remember it." I heard movement, then Harry said, "Vulnera Sanentur." I groaned mentally, 'bout time.

I felt the gashes close, and a liquid, probably my blood, came back into my veins. Then I heard Harry say, "Grab her legs." I felt Harry's arms around my shoulders and hands on my ankles. I was lifted off of the ground, and onto a soft surface. Probably a bed. 

"What should we do with her." Malfoy asked and kicked something. "I'll take her to Dumbledore." Harry said.  "I'll stay here." Malfoy said. Yes please! A warm feeling spread throughout my body. There was silence, and then I heard the sound of a dragging body, Lavender Brown. 

I smiled. I guess I didn't exactly smile in my brain because Malfoy chuckled. He sighed, I felt his fingertips on my cheek. I pressed my cheek into his hand. "Dr...co..." I try to spit out. I didn't have to look at him to see his smile. 

I heard a lot of clinking and felt his fingers on my lips. He poured something into my mouth and I instinctively swallowed. I coughed and gagged, turning to my side for two reasons. 

 1) Because that stuff tastes absolutely awful.

2) Because I learned it's quite difficult to swallow while laying down. 

Although, as soon as the stuff went down my throat, I turned back to lay on my back. I could talk. I could feel everything in my body again. I was perfectly fine, except for I was really tired. I was about to say something really smart like, 'HI', when someone else did it for me. 

"Hey Mate." Blaise. I heard footsteps and felt Blaise's body next to me, the opposite side of Malfoy. "How is she?" He asked. "How'd you know about Granger?" Malfoy asked. "Saw Potter dragging Brown to Dumbledore's and I asked the guy what happened." It was silent, "Figured I'd find you here." 

"Something's wrong with me." Malfoy said. "What are you talking about, "I've changed." Blaise laughed, "And that's a bad thing?" Malfoy sighed, "My parents." Blaise was silent. I bet you've got a lot to think of." Blaise got up and left. 

Malfoy was silent. I wanted to cry. I should've known. He wasn't just going to confess these random feelings for me. I loved him. But he didn't love me back. 

And that was truly depressing.

*---*