Chapter: 3

Jerk

  ➴➴➴  

 It was Friday, and Jude still wasn't quite used to Sirius yet. Nor will I ever be. With a sigh, she put her head down on the table and let out a fake sob. Lily gave her a playful smack on the shoulder laughed, "At least you don't have to see him on the weekends." She reassured the girl.

 Jude moaned. "But we're friends. He's not just going to let me get away with a whole 48 hours spent not in his company."

 "Oh, he's -"

 "He is that bad." Jude lifted her head to give Lily a meaningful look, but the other girl was smiling to someone over her shoulder.

 "Hey Black, fancy seeing you here!"

 Jude's eyes widened and buried her head in the nearest book.

 "The library is not usually my favourite place to be, but a little birdy told me Jude quite enjoys being here." The boy said, taking a seat opposite of the girls.

 Jude sat quietly, pretending to read her book while Lily and Sirius stared at her, waiting for her to say something. She continued to ignore them, her hair slightly dishevelled.

 Sirius tipped his chair back and crossed his arms over his chest. "I think you'd have to be quite talented to do that, wouldn't you say Evans?" He smirked.

 "Oh - oh yeah, quite." The girl tried not to laugh.

 Jude furrowed her brows and continued ignoring the two, completely unaware that her book was upside down.

 "Jude," Sirius said. "Hey, Jude...Judy..."

 "Jude Moran, stop ignoring us. The book is the wrong way." Lily said.

 Jude furrowed her brows and looked at the pages; she turned her head to the side and sighed, looking over the book to the black haired boy. Sirius had a lopsided grin on his face.

 "I knew it, just wanted to see if you would notice."

"No, you didn't."

"I did."

"You didn't."

"Please, as much as I find this amusing, I don't want to get a headache from your bickering." Said the redhead. "If you need me, you can find me in the dorms working on this essay." She said holding up a bit of parchment before placing it on a pile of books which she scooped up into her arms.

 Jude watched her friend leave, looking as if she wanted to follow her. She turned her head back to Sirius and sighed. She corrected the book and stared at its pages once again.

 Sirius was quite for a moment, watching Jude pretend to read her book. "What's different about Lily that you'd rather be with her than me?" the question asked out of the blue, but it had been on his mind ever since they got to school.

 "Lily's knows when to be quiet." she replied simply.

 "Lily sees you more than me." he retorted.

 "Lily's not the one who's in all of my classes."

 "But she is the one you spend your free time with."

 Jude closed the book she was till holding and placed it on the table. The two stared at each other for a minute. "We'll hang out next weekend, Black. Lily invited me to tag along with her on an outing tomorrow."