Chapter: 4

The End

➴➴➴

(just a quick note: I'm not at all happy with this story so far, I'll be re-writing all of it. Here's the little something I had started writing before I realized I wanted to scrap the whole thing)

Jude had caught up with Sirius halfway to the castle.

"Hey!" Her voice was louder than anyone had heard it.

Sirius stopped, but didn't turn towards the girl. She stood there gazing at his back, not knowing what to say. She looked at her shoes and sighed softly.

"He's my friend." He turned to look at Jude. "and so are you. I don't understand."

"What?"

"What did he do?"

"He's just..." She threw her hand in the air in annoyance. "I told you I didn't want to divulge my life's story onto you, but something happened when I went to muggle school. I realized that I can't trust people. They'll hurt you for no good reason, and that's exactly the kind of person Potter is."

"That's not true, that's not why he really does it."

"But it is!" She snapped. "He'll probably get tired of harassing Snape or whoever else, and then he'll start hurting you just to get a laugh."

"You don't understand-"

"I understand per-"

"You don't! You don't understand, but obviously you think you've got the world figured out." He turned and left.

"Sirius!" She called louder than before but it fell on deaf ears.

Jude stood there for a bit, too upset to return to Lily and too angry to go after Sirius. The corridor was empty when she finally entered the castle, she pulled her sweater more tightly around her and walked back to the common room.

James sat by the fire, glasses hanging off his shirt, staring intently at the blurry oranges and reds of the flames. He turned towards the portrait hole where a figure stood. He squinted at first, which didn't help much, but the girl had uttered his name in such a pathetic manner he had to scramble to put his glasses back on.

"Moran?"

She had burst into tears the moment she stepped through, mostly because of everything that had happened, but kind of because Potter had been there.

"What's wrong?"

She sat down on the arm chair, dejectedly, and wiped the tears from her face. He waited patiently for her reply.

"You."

And blah blah blah, they had an argument and never spoke for years and then she started liking James a little and then they got together and lived happily ever after until they died.

The End.