Prologue

The alarm beeped 6:30 a.m. in the morning. A girl with soft milky skin wearing white pajama woke up as the first rays of sunlight touched her face. She grabbed her stole lying on the bed. Her Dupatta was swaying to and fro and was over-possessive about the skin it covered. She rose up with a sweet smile in her face in spite of all the dreaded, painful memories of her past. Even though her blindness restricted an important portion of life, she was fully updated about her surroundings through all her other senses and thanks to the practice she has with her loving sister every evening when they take walks throughout the small village they've been living for the past 6 and a half months. Every single person in that village loved Khushi and knew her like part of a very intimate family. The young lady was swimming in her pool of thoughts when suddenly someone entered her room.

Voice: Payal Jiji, Khushi woke up early again

A girl about 16 years of age screamed at the top of her lungs to her other sister. And that's when the woman of the house came running into berate her younger sisters.

Khushi: Arre Devimaiya, It's been almost 7 months now. When will I ever get a break from you both?

Payal: You know we are so protective because we both care a lot about you right? But if you really want to be angry with someone, choose Parami for that. She's the back-stabber here.

Parami:(Throwing a pillow at Payal) Oho Payal Ma'am! Now tell me who told me to keep her majesty updated on jiji?

Khushi: All right! Cut it out both of you. I am hungry.

Payal: We both knew that we would face an incident like this, so I made...

Khushi: Jalebies!

Khushi was enjoying her Jalebies complimenting Payal's cooking.  Payal rarely makes Jalebies because  Khushi never gave a chance to Payal nor Parami to make any and she was also the Masterchef in making Jalebies in her house as well as in their shop which they managed to open with what little they had in their hands a few months ago.  Payal really enjoyed and felt happy whenever she sees any of her sisters laughing. She feels satisfied with her job of being the eldest sister in the family. That feeling was what she was experiencing right now.

Payal : Khushi  are you alright?

Khushi : Yes Jiji.

Payal : All right then Parami go have a wash and start studying for your exams.

Parami : Oh Come on! It's Sunday. Khushi di, a little help would be really appreciated here.

Khushi : Jiji give the poor child a break. Anyway why would she give you a break she did the same to me when I was your age too. (They both start laughing)

Payal : Very Funny. Okay you can do whatever you like but don't complain me after you fail the exam, and Khushi you will never let mend this naughty girl. Parami now go have a wash.

Parami : Now that's my sweet sister. (She leaves the room)

Payal: Khushi I have some work to do and I'm leaving now to the market I'll be back within an hour. If you need anything just call Parami. Look, you have to take care of yourself. Specially that you are blin..d a..nd that you are 5 months pregnant.

Payal was already breaking down inside  her when she said the last part but she had to be strong for Khushi's sake and she had to fulfill her responsibilities of her family.

Payal : Khushi...Khushi...
Realizing that Khushi needs her space right now Payal turned to leave for the market.

Khushi : Arnav ji.

Khushi hand immediately went through her small baby bump while tears started to flow down through her cheeks. She had a Flashback of her horrible memories once again.

Precap:

What terrible incidents took place in the past? Will Khushi meet Arnav soon? Stay tuned for more updates