The Tipping Point

Disappointed by her husband's apathy to her situation, Payal walked into Anjali's room to ameliorate their relationships. 

Payal: Di are you awake? Please have this food

Anjali: (In a stressed mood) I don't want anything

Payal: Di, please for your baby's sake

Anjali: Only if you tell me the truth. Was Khushi really engaged to Shyam?

Payal: Han Di, please believe me. She wanted to tell you the truth but...

Anjali: No Payal, you are lying. All of you are lying. I need my husband back. It is because of Khushi that my whole life has been ruined. I never ever thought that she could do this to me and to think I treated her like a sister. Please take her away from my little brother's life. 

She spat out everything before even thinking what she meant by those words in one breath. Payal, being unable to comprehend of what is happening to her, ran to her room and closed the doors. She threw up while holding onto her belly.

Meanwhile, Laxmi was cuddled up in Khushi's arms, it was acting like a sponge to absorb all the tears flooding away from Khushi's eyes. Finally her time came to leave the place which had brought happiness and sorrow into her life. She took one final glance over the bedroom which she shared with Arnav ji for an extremely short period of time than expected. Unwillingly she took her bags into her hands to leave the room. Strangely the doors opened even before she kept her hands on the lock.

The door opened and a drunk Arnav stepped into the room. His shirt half opened and his eyes bloodshot. Khushi was trying hard to figure out what's gotten into him. Arnav came closer to her with silent slurs. Suddenly he removes  his shirt completely and pulls her towards him.

Arnav: Khushi, I'm s..oor...

Without troubling his mouth to speak anything else, all the feelings in him were transformed into a deep, passionate kiss. Khushi lost all her resistance to him and didn't bother to interfere the moment either. But it didn't take her much time to realize that he's drunk. As soon as she felt it she mustered up all her strength to push him away.

Arnav: Khushi.... Why? (Started walking towards her while she moves back. He keeps on looking at her dreamily) I lo..v.e....

Knowing what was coming up would dampen all her spirits of taking the rough decision to leave him she held up her hand signaling him to stop. "So this was all because he was drunk and he was not his proper sense" she thought. Her voice was already giving up on her. Finally she broke down.

Khushi: Arnav ji, please stay away from me. You are not in your proper senses. Please! You really don't know what is happening to you. You are apologizing, kissing, and confessing to the person whom you hate the most in this world. Please come back to your senses and tell me all what happened was a lie so that it would be much easier for me to make up my mind leave you.

Arnav: Leave me...What the? Khushi you can't leave me. You are good for me...

Khushi : NO, ARNAV JI I WILL LEAVE YOU. IT'S THE BEST FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY. "YOU ARE GOOD FOR ME?" THERE SEE THAT IS THE PROBLEM IN THIS RELATIONSHIP WE SHARE. YOU THINK I'M GOOD FOR YOU, BUT I, I LOVE YOU WITH ALL MY HEART, AND THAT IS WHY I MADE UP MY MIND TO LEAVE YOU, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT PEOPLE WHO REALLY LOVE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD DO. THEY ARE COMMITTED TO DO ANYTHING FOR EACH OTHER, WHICH I COULD NEVER EVER EXPECT FROM YOU. WHY CAN'T YOU SEE THAT EVERYTHING WE DO IS WRONG. YOU USE ME WHEN YOU WANT TO AND BLAME ME FOR NO MISTAKE I'VE DONE. YOU DON'T THINK TWICE WHEN THE CHANCE COMES FOR YOU TO BLAME ME BUT STILL YOU THINK AFTER GOING THROUGH SO MUCH I WILL BE ABLE TO ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY. ANSWER ME ARNAV JI.

It was high time for Arnav to transform himself to ASR, just like Khushi said. Never thinking twice. He held onto her arms tightly and twisted them while pulling her towards him. He knew that he loves her and would do anything to keep her from leaving him. In fact he himself didn't know what he was doing or talking, he had no control over himself at this point. His mood was ranging from Romantic to Fierce and Vice- Versa, just like a speedometer of a vehicle running out of fuel. He felt slight faintness. That's when he managed to speak.

Arnav: Oh! Don't you raise your voice over me Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada, as far as I'm concerned about those questions. I don't have any answers for you, neither am I bound to answer them. And what else were you talking about. Oh Yeah! About leaving me. OK fine you are free to leave me. Keeping the CONSEQUENCES in your mind. Remember you'll be responsible for what happens after that. I can break Aakash's and you sister's marriage. I have done that once before. Aakash has already given his signatures and all I need is from Payal. You know she would be heart-broken to hear that the person whom she loves will divorce her. Just think about it Khushi. 5 Months ago you agreed to marry me, and you stayed with me for five months out of the 6 month marriage contract, so why can't you just bear with me for another 1 month. After that you are free, isn't it?

Khushi: Arnav ji, How could you talk like this? After all what we've been through, you still talk about the contract marriage. Now I realize that when people say "Old Habits Die Hard" they really do mean something. Even if you're drunk or in your proper senses you will always treat me as your contract marriage-wife. Because that is your true impression of me. Not the fake one you put on when you need me. And by this you already gave me enough evidence that anything you did before was all an act, or an after-effect of your drowsiness. I will never let anything happen to my Jiji's life. I would even die to protect her life.

Arnav: Khushi don't say.

But he was unable to carry on the conversation for long this time. An intolerable sound of a platter falling echoed throughout the room.

A lady wearing a greenish sari entered the room, and all the offers on the platter spread across the room.For Payal, she felt like the whole world was turning-upside down, First Aakash, Then Di, and now Arnav ji. She went to Khushi, held her arm tightly and started shaking her vigorously.

Payal: Divorce, Contract Marriage, Signatures. Khushi what is this? Why didn't you tell...

Khushi: No Jiji, It's nothing like that, I...

Payal: Chup Khushi!!! You did everything to save my marriage. And Aakash, he even signed the divorce papers. I will never forgive you. You did everything for me and yet you were blamed for everything...I..I don't know what to do....I...Khushi give me a minute until I pack my bags up...

Khushi: Jiji no...

Payal: Enough Khushi, I don't want to stay in this house either. Aakash already signed the divorce papers. Why? Why did you do this to Khushi out of all people? You played with my sister's life for this long. Bidding onto your own brother's life. What type of a person are you? Fine, I agree with you. You don't want two middle class people in this house do you? Now that you realize that it is because of your misunderstanding that her life is ruined you want to make up another excuse as to why you did so, but not this time! You will not get another chance to play with her life. Because at this moment I will give my signatures for the divorce papers too.

Arnav : Payal, I...

Payal : Enough Mr. Raizada. Where are your so called divorce papers? Have you lost them. Ok then I'll sign in this blank paper. You can write whatever you want in this paper. I don't need this life anymore. Khushi you are leaving this house with me at this moment.

Payal started to drag Khushi out of the room...And Khushi didn't even dare to look at him as she knew if she does so her heart would give up on her....Arnav couldn't take it anymore either....He was ready to doze off in any second....With whatever the strength that was left in him, he shouted "Fine Go, Everyone wants to leave me, nobody loves me....Go Aw..a..". That was the last memory of him in Khushi.

Anjali, hearing all the commotion quickly stepped onto their room, She was able to hold him before he fainted. "Never mind Chotte, let everyone go away from your life, let everyone leave you, But you will always have your Di by your side" Anjali whispered while Arnav was engulfed in darkness. Once again in life, two young, innocent, beautiful, girls were roaming around the streets of Delhi, Not because of they've run out of food, water or money but because of the reason that they've run out of hopes, and beliefs for a brighter tomorrow, in the process of being betrayed by their love for the second time.