Revelations

The soft breeze added a sense of security to the sheer darkness of the night. It symbolized a night of revelations that were not meant to evoke drastic reactions. The overwhelming guilt has stripped the Raizada family members' of their pride. It could not get any worse for them. However, it does not change the severity of the biggest announcement of the night.

Arnav : I threatened Khushi Di. My entire marriage was a ruse to keep you out of harm's way. I told her that I will break Payal's marriage if she left me. I even had her convinced that Aakash has already given his consent to the dissolution of Payal's and his marriage. That is why Payal left the house with Khushi as soon as she was aware of our contract.

"Bhai?" the sound of Aakash's trembling voice resonated through a few silent seconds. He looked disheveled, with red puffy eyes holding onto a neatly folded piece of paper with much care.

Aakash : Bhai, Why?

Aware of the sudden increase in tension, NK proceeded to reveal the information he and Aakash has recently retrieved, hidden from them all in such a way as if to keep silent till due time.

NK : We found some reports inside Aakash's wardrobe. They were pregnancy reports.

Arnav & Anjali : Pregnancy reports?

Aakash : P..Payal was pre..pregnant. I found the reports inside the wardrobe. It was just hidden from plain sight.

NK : Nannav, Aakash was hugging her saree. This report fell from it and was signed on the 5th of July.

Arnav : Which is the day that they left RM?

Anjali : Did you guys try contacting the doctor mentioned in these reports?

NK : Dr. Bose? That was the very first thing we did. Apparently, Payal's last visit to the doctor was the day after, the 6th of July.

Anjali : 6th of July? That was the day in which the accident took place?

Arnav : Di, but she could've met the doctor in the morning. After all the accident took place in the afternoon.

Anjali : Chotte, can you not be so pessimistic for once in your life?

Aakash : Bhai what did you say to Payal?

Arnav : Aakash I want to talk to you privately. I owe you more than an explanation. I was just trying to threaten Khushi. Payal happened to pass the wrong place at the wrong time.

Aakash, who is now on the verge of shredding tears, kept on looking at his brother with swollen eyes, his helplessness evident in the stream of tears threatening to escape any given moment.

Aakash : Di, she came to say something to me that day and I ignored her. She talked about Khushi and I scolded her for only thinking about her sister, I left her at the time when a husband should be with his wife...and I lost her fo..fore....forever. She was carrying my child.

With the last few words Aakash broke down completely. Anjali was trying to console him when NK stopped her and took him to his room signaling that he'll come back. By this time even Arnav's eyes have betrayed his cold heart. There were tears forming on his eyes.

Arnav : If Khushi was still here...she would've been pregnant as well.

Anjali : Chotte shall we try finding her once again?

Arnav : Di, No! I don't want you to remind this topic again and again. We have done everything we could. We searched for them in Delhi and even Lucknow.

Anjali : But Chotte! They could be somewhere else. India itself is a very big place.

Arnav : DI, NO..FOR HELL'S SAKE STOP DOING THINGS THAT I CLEARLY ASK YOU NOT TO DO!!

Arnav stormed out of the room. Anjali stared into the sky, now of which the stars shine brighter than ever. A lone tear escaped her eyes. Suddenly an idea struck her head. She took her phone and dialed some numbers.

Anjali : Hello, Aman!

Aman : Who is this?

Anjali : I am Arnav's sister. I called to ask a favor from you.

Aman : Yes, Anjali Ma'am! What can I do for you?

Anjali : Aman I need you to check on all the Gynecologist records for a name called Payal Gupta. She is the sister of my brother's wife Khushi Kumari Gupta. You might've met before. But please make sure that no one in my family would know this except for me. Especially my brother. Thank you...Bye!

Nani : Anjali?

Anjali : Nani, I just called Aman to check on a good Doctor for Aadhi.

Nani : Anjali Bitiya. You are the same child whom I knew from the beginning. Nothing ever dampens your spirits. Am I not right? Did Arnav shout at you again? Don't you know your brother? I sometimes wonder whether you are from the same parents.

Anjali : Nani ji, I just want to make-up to my mistakes. I want to bring back love for both my brothers' lives. Please don't tell about this to anyone.

Nani : Why would I want to ruin something that you do. Even I want my grand-children to be happy. Something feels amiss in the RM in the absence of Khushi and Payal. Nobody here laughs or smiles genuine anymore. It feels like all our actions are restrained by the guilt on our hearts. Chotte's anger is justified. I cannot even bear to imagine what would've happened if we lost you that day. As ironic as it may sound, his anger keeps this family together.

Anjali : I know Nani. I do not take his temper tantrums to heart but Chotte is not always right. I have a gut feeling that Payal and Khushi are still alive. I know that it was not just a well-wisher that saved my life...

*** Flashback 6 Months Ago***

The remaining white-colored flags were still waving outside the Raizada Mansion, even though days have passed since the funeral. Mami's rainbow-colored bangles were clinking its own tunes, as she descended the stairs, making her way towards the sofa with Azul colored pillows. The tension inside the mansion has gone down a little but has done nothing to repair the damaged relationships in the Raizada household. Anjali was quick enough to avoid Mami's questionable stare as she made her way towards Nani's room. It was not the first time she was caught during a busy texting session.

Nani : Anjali? What are you doing here? Why didn't you call me to your room?

Anjali : No...Nani ji, please don't worry. I was wondering whether I could go somewhere alone. To forget everything which happened during the last few months.

Nani : Where do you want to go?

Anjali : To Muktsar?

Nani : Muktsar...Why? It's far away from here. I can't let you go anywhere that far. Definitely not in this state of pregnancy.

Anjali : Nani. Please I have a good friend of mine living there. She says that the surroundings are very beautiful and that it would help soothe a pregnant lady.

Nani : OK then, I'll come with you.

Anjali : No, No Nani. I mean...I'm meeting her after a long time and I'm just 7 months pregnant. I can manage on my own. It's just for 2 weeks.

Nani : Would you at least let the drivers to drop you off then?

Anjali : Thanks Nani!

Anjali & Nani : But don't tell this to Chotte!

The duo starts to laugh not knowing what destiny has in store for them within the two upcoming weeks of Anjali's so called "vacation".