Results Are In

Feeling like she was on a roll, Amelia decided to see Dr. Engels. Unfortunately for her, Dr. Engels was at a conference across the country in Boston. So, she had to wait, but she would fix this. She had to. This was her life. The possible loss of her career gave her the courage she needed. 

She was so focused on her work saga that she nearly missed Reed's text. 

Can I come see you?

  She smiled as she thought of Reed.   

Yes. 

She couldn't wait to see him. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So, you finally got some balls."

"Gramps, really?"

Cliff shuffled closer to the counter where Reed was counting up the sales for the day. He leaned his elbow against the counter to get a closer look.

"Well, I'm happy. You look happy too."

Reed smiled as he counted the money for a second time. He had lost his place because he was thinking of seeing Amelia again. They hadn't seen each other in awhile, but they had been keeping up by talking on the phone every night. 

"Why don't you hurry over to your sweetie? I can close up."

"I've got it. I'm almost done." Once he was sure of the amount, he locked it away. 

"Okay, now shoo. Now, I just have to turn off the lights. Even an old man like me could do that."

Reed was tempted to push the issue of him staying, but truthfully, he didn't want to. 

"Call me if you need any help."

Cliff just huffed before shuffling away once again. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When the door rang, Amelia ran to open it. When she saw Reed, she immediately kissed his lips and dragged him in. At first, he was surprised, but then he fell into her. They both vaguely heard the door closing in the background. 

Amelia walked back until she felt the armrest of her couch and she still didn't stop. She fell back into its softness and Reed followed. Reed rolled over, so that Amelia was laying on top of them and pulled away. 

"Hello to you too. I would love that welcome anytime," Reed said on a laugh. Amelia laughed right along with him. She laid her head against his chest. 

"I missed you, I guess. How are you?" asked Amelia.

"Much better now that I've saw you. And I missed you too." He bent down to kiss the top of her head. He began to explain about his day. 

"Your grandfather is hilarious," said Amelia as she laughed at Cliff's latest antics. 

Reed grumbled, "Of course since you aren't related to him."

"Well, families are supposed to be crazy. Mine is."

"Really, you have crazy grandparents too?"

Amelia shook her head. "I don't have any grandparents. My mom's parents died when my brother was a little kid. My dad was in the foster care system."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Don't be. I didn't know them."

"My mom died of cancer when I was ten. And my grandparents took me in. Since my dad was never around, I thought of my grandparents as my parents. So I understand loss."

"My parents died as well, but my siblings and I are very close."

Amelia could feel Reed, nodding his head. "And now you have me."

Amelia lifted her head and held it up with her hands as she looked down at him. "Do I?"

"I would like to think so. I really like you." He lifted his head to make eye contact with her. "As I get to know you, I like you even more. You make me want to do more. To be more. For you."

"Reed, you silly man. You are already great. When I see you caring for those flowers, it just does things to me," Amelia giggled. "You are so tall and muscled, but you can be so gentle. You take such pride in everything you do. I am still trying to do that at my own job. I want to treat my patients like you treat the flowers. So, you don't have to worry about how great you are. To me, you're perfect."

Reed brought Amelia's head down to his own face. "You are something, you know that."

Their lips met and sparks flew just like always. They melded together. Their lips fought each other in their haste to connect. Reed rolled Amelia over, so that he was top. He lifted his head and kissed at her neck. Amelia didn't even know what he did, but a warm feeling flowed through her. She let loose a moan. 

Reed continued as he smelt her flowery perfume. It was like a poison that called to him. He was intoxicated and knew of nothing else. He just wanted more. He continued to give pecks on Amelia's neck before finally deciding to pull at her shirt. Amelia tried to help him. 

"Hurry, Reed."

"I am." 

He finally got off her shirt and was ready to move on to kissing every part of her body, but then her door bell rang. 

Reed moved from her chest back to her face. His breath was warm against her ear as he whispered, "Ignore it."

Amelia couldn't say anything. She was so forgone that she didn't even seem to notice that the bell had rung. Her only response was to throw her arms around Reed's neck and bring his lips back to her. That was where it belonged. 

They continued to kiss each other, blatantly ignoring the doorbell. 

"Amelia, are you there? Are you okay? Thomas, I think something's wrong. We might need to call someone." 

That voice woke her up. Shit! She pushed at Reed, who was back in a state of lust. He tried to move  forward to continue their kiss, but Amelia was already trying to throw on her shirt. Instead, she fell on the ground in an ungraceful heap. She hopped right back up, stepping away from the temptation that was Reed. 

"Reed, we have to stop."

"Why?" said Reed as he ran a hand through his hair. His blood was still pumping to a place that was not his brain, so he couldn't fathom why they had to stop something that was so good. "Who is that?"

"It's . . " Amelia paused as she heard banging like that of body being thrown against the door. Amelia quickly put her hair in a pony tail and walked to the door. 

"Cole, I'm coming. Stop trying to break down the door."