00:03

-Denice's Pov-

I boarded off the plane that evening and only seen my dad waiting from the inside. I grab my huge suitcase from one of the workers and ran to him, jumping into his arms as he cradled my head.

"Welcome home Sweet Pea, boy did I ever miss you. How was the visit?" He asked after giving me his major hugs he loves giving. We walk out towards the exit through the parking lot to find his BMW i8.

"Miss you too dad, my visit was amazing. River Valley is such a beautiful place." I respond as he puts my suitcase in the back of the car. We hop into the vehicle and drive heading home. So I thought.

"I see you blacked out you're rims on this baby. Looks better than before." I admit.

•

"Yeah you're right, I wasn't really feeling the red anymore," he replies. We chat up for the next 15 minutes, telling him my summer with the Greys, and him telling me about his new job. His new job is now a travel agent which means he a private retailer that provides travel and tourism related services to the public on behalf of suppliers such as airlines, car rentals, cruise lines, hotels, railways, travel insurance, and package tours. So he's always on the go, that's why this vampire thing comes in handy, I guess. Sadly we never really see him, it gets hard on both me and Shay. But the thing is, we have a different relationship with him, for instance, we both love car shows, I'm like the son he always wanted. Instead he got the first born daughter by like 2 minutes.

I watch out the passenger window watching the trees pass by when we turned down a road that I haven't seen before.

"Dad? Why are we headed out of town?" I asked. He then started smiling reaching for my hand.

"I got a surprise for you. Well you're sister as well but sadly she's not here to see it, so she'll have to wait till Christmas." He replies gripping the steering the wheel and cruised down the narrow road. I noticed there wasn't any houses along the way, a bunch of trees it felt so isolated. We then come up to a nice big house on the edge of the woods with a matching 2 car garage. He than parks it telling me to follow him as I do, walking over to him. The driveway was stoned with a nice fountain in front of the house, when he leads us towards the doors.

•