00:51

-Carter's Pov-

Christmas morning rose up high in River Valley, that the entire town had a feast together. My dad was speaking among the Wolves of River Valley, and Kayleigh's Great Aunt was speaking for the witches as well. That's basically what River Valley is, an immortal town with some human beings who promised and dared not to tell a soul about this rural town we all call home. The feast had plenty of variations of food, platters, meat, alternatives, you name it this feast had. It was hosted in the grand hall in the middle of the town near the big church, I was serving plates to the elder witches with Cade, greeting the elders with my star winning smile when one of them started a conversation with me.

"Wolf?" She slurred. I bent lower trying to hear this lady because it was such a soft whisper when I say;

"Pardon me?"

"Wolf?" She spoke louder and then the women next to her touched my forearm.

"Sorry about that, my mother here is blind."

"I'm sorry."

"What's you're name sir?" The elder lady asked me.

I cleared my throat.

"Carter Grey Ma'am." I said out loud for her to hear and shook her small hand that was trying to find me. Her touch was fragile, soft, and so breakable. I had to admit.

"Grey as in Morgan Grey's son?"

"Yes that is." This time I was confused. I mean duh, everyone must know each other but I haven't seen this elder before in my life.

"Oh how ironic is that. You see my daughter here is visiting in town and she used-" before she was able to explain herself her daughter pulled her by the handle bars on her wheelchair taking her away from me saying,

"I'm so sorry Carter. She has to take a nap." Than she rushed away down the aisle of the hall looking back at me once and left the building. Cade and Wren walked up to me with trays in there hands when Wren asked what's up.

"That elder women I was just talking to was trying to say something about her daughter to me, but the daughter of hers took her away before she was able to say anything. That was strange." I admitted shaking my hand and picked up the trash from the table.

•

"Oh well you don't have to worry about much I mean, that women is named Annalise. She used to date dad couple years ago." Wren explained walking away from me when I chased after him and Cade. Because I didn't know about this.