Homeroom

I entered my Homeroom, and sunk into my desk, one I was forced to sit in. Some time ago, our teacher, Ms. Hyda, placed us in assigned seats because the students couldn't stop talking. I didn't really know anyone in this class and didn't care to. Most of them were jerks. I felt light tap on my shoulder, and turned to find Aidan O'quin, one of Victor's friends. He was cool, he was a bit emo, but not as emo as some people here. He had dark red hair, flipped to the left, soft eyebrows, green eyes, freckles speckled across his face, and pale skin. He was pretty skinny, I think I'd once told him to eat more.

"Hey Aidan." I greet him.

He nodded and asked, "Did Victor talk to you?"

"He tried to, but the bell rung. And I was a little distracted." I explained.

He nodded understanding.

"Do we have a test in chemistry today?" He asked.

I shook my head and answered, "No, we have that lab partner activity."

He nodded. Then out of the corner of my eye, I saw something flying through the air. I could have warned Aidan, I could have told him to duck, but I didn't. And the spit ball went flying into his neck. The whole class burst into laughter.

Adam Cockram sat in the back, laughing his ass off. He's the one who did it. He was a bully, the worst one, but his father was the principal of the school so he never paid for his crimes. Last year, he disfigured a teacher's face, and somehow, his father got him out of that one.

I glared at the class.

I wanted to say something, yell at Adam, but my voice wouldn't let me. It was like it had disappeared. But I knew deep down, I had the real reason. I was scared.

The bell rung, and I grabbed Aidan's arm and took him fast, walking out of the door with him. Once we'd gotten far away from E hall, I tried to encourage him, "Don't worry about what those idiots do."

"Don't worry about my feelings," Aidan stated, his voice quiet, "No one ever does."

He either sped up or I slowed down, but I was trying to take in what he said.

Don't worry about my feelings. No one ever does.

I shook them away. He was going to be okay. I had to believe that. With that, I walked into Chemistry.