Feelings

Two Weeks Later...

I walked up to my locker, shoving my unneeded binders inside. Victor still hadn't told me, and I have been dying to know, but he said it could wait until New Years. So until then I guess.

I had been spending more time with Denver. We were turning out to be good friends. He was nice, way better than some of the other popular kids I've met.

I turned and started down the hallway, when I heard someone call my name. I turned to find Denver rushing through the crowd. When he reached me, he took a deep breath and I laughed.

Wow.

"I wanted to ask you...do you wanna come over? To my house today?" He asked, his eyes focusing so intently on me.

"I-I...o-of..yeah." I simply said, shutting my mouth before any other gibberish came out.

He laughed and added, "Make sure to wear something nice. Not sports gear."

I burst out in laughter. No one ever realized that was the only thing I ever wore to school, no one but him.

"Sure thing," I said with a smile, "what time do you want me to come over?"

"Around four," he said, his happiness beaming through him.

"I can't wait," he said, with a mischievous grin that made my heart flutter.

I smiled and nodded, walking away.

Walking to my next class, something slammed into my shoulder, knocking me off my balance and sending me crashing down on my butt.

"Watch it, Rich!" Adam's voice yelled. I looked up at him, and his face was glaring down at me.

I stood and ignored him walking past. I didn't care. Or at least that what I thought.

After School...

I stated out of the window as the bus drove down the rocky road. The students on the bus was being the usual crazy, but I ignore them. I just focused on the window in front of me.

There was a building we were passing. Graffiti was painted all over it. I spotted words in big letters, I am who I am, no one can change that.

Memories strung up from the past. Dark memories.

"You are my son. You follow my rules!" My dad yelled.

"Dad I am also my self. I control myself." I said back, my voice so small. It was always so small compared to his.

"NO I CONTROL YOU! I know what's best for you!" He yelled, his voice rising louder, if that was possible.

"But what about what I want?!" I said back.

"I don't care what you want. Forget your dreams of being a photographer, or a pianist, or a writer, you're being a doctor and that's final."

That's final.

I pushed the memories away and shut my eyes.

I won't be like you. Ever.

I opened my eyes, but I saw nothing in them. He'd taken away everything in me. And this is what I was left with.

I got home, running upstairs to my room. My dad was at work, and my mom was probably still at her office.
I walked over to my closet and searched for something, anything that looked nice.

Shorts or pants?
Shorts.

I grabbed a pair of nice shorts, silver ones that folded at the bottom, a black tight shirt that made my arm muscles bulge, and my chest pop out a bit, which I tucked into my shorts, brown causal vans, with my black socks sticking up just above them, and a brown band around my wrist.

I look at myself in the mirror. Something doesn't feel right. I went into the bathroom and gelled up my hair, styling it perfectly into a wavy Quiff. I looked in the mirror. There was something about my eyes. They were sparkly, a beautiful silver.

Because you're being you.

I laughed to myself. That was definitely something Denver would say. I smiled to myself, and for once in a very long time, I actually thought I looked pretty decent.

I started downstairs and out the door. I see where Denver gets off from his bus stop so I started towards it. His house was only a few houses down.

Once I get there, something grew over my heart. What if his parents opened the door? Would they approve of me? I rose my hand to knocand pushed forward, knocking. I waited for 5 seconds before, a woman answered the door, a smile beaming on her face.

"You must be Richard!" She exclaimed, her smile widening.

I nodded, giving a sorta forced smile.

"Denver's told me a lot about you." She said, dipping a bit.

"Really?" I murmured, not loud enough for her to hear.

"And he's right, you're very handsome!" She exclaimed.

Wait what? He called me handsome???

"Hey mom, I got it from here." I heard Denver called. I looked behind her to see Denver running down stairs on the back wall. He came over to us and she smiled and walked away.

"Hi." He said, his smile truly happy.

"Hey, I'm here." I said and laughed.

"Yeah, follow me." He said, turning. He wore a black tank that showed off his muscles, arms and chest, grey shorts that were folded at the bottom and came up a little higher, showing some of his thighs, and black black boots. He had a black leather material tied around his neck that I've never seen, and it was looped into a ring. Guess it was special. But I found myself not able could not stop staring at his muscles, more or less his thighs. He was like just...perfect.

I drew myself away from that. There was no way he'd be into me. I was a GUY, it just wasn't gonna happen and I had to accept that. He led me up to his room, which I envied because it reminded me of him, when my room reminded me of I someone I wasn't. I turned to him and watched as he shut the door. Me and Denver. In a room alone. In his room alone.