Chapter 1: Another Day...

Second P.o.v. (Wolf form)

Ugh... Another monotonous day in this dismal city, you thought as you slowly got up and stretched with a yawn. You drowsily made your way out from beneath some cardboard boxes and out of the narrow alleyway. Making sure to hide in the shadows, you trotted down the gray city street.

You were a wolf shifter and survived as a wolf on the streets of a mostly empty city. All you remember was waking up to howls of strays wandering the streets and knowing about what you were capable of and who you were but not much about your background. There were barely any cars and almost no one walked on the sidewalk of the dying city. Instinct kept you alive on the streets. Since you were also part human, you acted domesticated, making yourself seem just like another stray dog which was probably for the best because you didn't want to attract any attention. Of course you would eventually shift back, but surviving as a wolf seemed easier. It wasn't easy living in the city but you made it work, even if it was hard to scavenge for food.

Looking up, you saw dark clouds covering the sky. You felt a raindrop fall on your snout. Just great, this is just what I needed. Grumpily muttering to yourself, you walked towards the city park. If you were lucky, you would find something to hunt or scraps of food to eat.

Stepping onto the soft grass, you stopped, sniffing and looking around for anything. Movement soon caught your eye and sure enough, the wind shifted to send the scent of squirrel drifting past your nose. Honing on to its location, you stalked it and lunged forward fast to kill the squirrel. You were thankful for the lucky hunt and for the life provided for your meal. You decided to eat your catch before looking for anything else. You didn't notice the man who was poised still with the words "Animal Control" imprinted on his cap. The next thing you know after finishing your squirrel was a dog catching pole looped around your head, dragging you into the vehicle that would take you to the dog shelter.

You growled at the man, trying to yank your head back. "Woah there, girl. I'm not trying to hurt you. Just relax and I'll take you to the shelter where it's safe," he said calmly. You relaxed slightly, wincing as he guided you into the truck. After leading you to the back, he locked you into a large cage and closed the doors. After a few moments the truck started to move.

You let out a small howl and paced around in the space you had. You tried to think of a way out of the situation without panicking. Shifting into a human wouldn't help. The man would just see you shift if he heard any ruckus through the metal bars separating the front and back of the truck and that wouldn't be good because you wanted to keep the whole shifting thing a secret from humanity. Looking out of the windows on the back doors, you saw the forest you were considering of heading to but never did. Promising yourself to head there the chance you get, you wished for the best and hoped for the chance of escaping.

~~~~~Time skip~~~~~

You were laid your head on your paws and sighed. The truck slowed down and came to a stop and you jerked your head up. The man got out of the front seat and opened the back doors. For a moment, he scratched his head and then left. He came back with another man and carefully lifted the cage out, making sure theirs hands were well out of your biting range.

They soon placed your cage on the floor once they reached the building. The man that caught you tipped his cap at the other guy that helped lift your cage and then left. The man that was left walked towards you and crouched to reach your level. You just stared at him and huffed. He just chuckled lightly.

"Not many dogs here have the guts to make eye contact with any of us and those who do usually bark," he said. "Well, we best get you in a boarding kennel." He got up and kinda half carried, half dragged the cage along and entered a hallway which lead to a room with rows of kennels. As soon as you entered the room, multiple dogs howled and barked at you. The man reached an empty kennel and led you in. You didn't risk leaping away the chance you got so you quietly padded in and sat down on some blankets. The door finally shut behind you and you heard the key click in place as the door locked. The sound was almost painful as you grimaced and then whined as you slowly lowered your ears. You knew that you lost your freedom and that you were now stuck in doggie prison...

A/N: Hello, I'm WolfDawn444, but you can call me Dawn! This is my first story on Wattpad so please cut me some slack. Don't worry, you'll eventually meet Ink and Error in future chapters. This story isn't cut to the chase so it will be more enjoyable (hopefully). Anyways, if anyone has any questions, don't be afraid to ask. Thanks for reading! Bye!