Chapter 5: The Underswap Au

You lowered your head and followed Error reluctantly. Your shoulders sagged with weariness and your tail drooped. Ahead of you by a couple feet, Error was walking towards what looked like nowhere. Time didn't feel normal in this place as you felt like you were walking eternally but yet something about your actual sense of time felt... short. This place would be ideal to drive anyone insane as time felt super slow than how it's supposed to... feel...? Or at least get a good measure of.

Finally gathering enough courage, you hesitantly asked Error a question. "Um... Where are we exactly headed?"

He stopped and glanced around. "ḭ ṠṳṖṖṏṠḕ ẇḕ'ṙḕ ḟḀṙ ḕṆṏṳḠḧ," he muttered to himself.

He made a hand motion, beckoning you closer to him. You complied hesitantly. He sat down as you approached and he gave you a meaningful gesture with his head or skull. His glitching seemed to calm so you relaxed, slightly. Following his gesture, you sat down as well. He gave you an interested expression, as if almost saying, 'I kept my word (for now) and you keep yours'.

"Ṯḧḕṙḕ'Ṡ ḀṆṏṮḧḕṙ ṠḲḕḶḕṮṏṆ ḉḀḶḶḕḊ ḭṆḲ. ḧḕ ḉṏṁḕṠ ḃḀḉḲ Ṯṏ Ṯḧḕ ḀṆṮḭṼṏḭḊ ṠṏṁḕṮḭṁḕṠ. ḧḕ'Ṡ Ṯḧḕ ḉṙḕḀṮṏṙ ṏḟ ṮḧṏṠḕ ṏṮḧḕṙ ṁḭṠḕṙḀḃḶḕ ḀḶṮḕṙṆḀṮḕ ṳṆḭṼḕṙṠḕṠ. ḭ ṖḶḀṆ ṏṆ ḊḕṠṮṙṏẏḭṆḠ Ṯḧḕṁ ḃḕḉḀṳṠḕ Ṯḧḕẏ'ṙḕ jṳṠṮ ṳṆẇḀṆṮḕḊ ḠḶḭṮḉḧḕṠ ṏḟ Ṯḧḕ ṏṙḭḠḭṆḀḶ. ḃṳṮ ḧḕ ḲḕḕṖṠ ḭṆṮḕṙḟḕṙḭṆḠ Ṡṏ ḭ'Ṽḕ ḊḕḉḭḊḕḊ Ṯṏ ḟḭṆḭṠḧ ḧḭṁ ṏḟḟ ḃḕḟṏṙḕ ḉḶḕḀṙḭṆḠ Ṯḧḕ ḠḶḭṮḉḧḕṠ," Error explained casually. "ḀṆḊ ṠḭṆḉḕ ḧḕ ṮṏṏḲ Ṡṏ ṁṳḉḧ ḭṆṮḕṙḕṠṮ ḭṆ ẏṏṳ... ḭ'Ṽḕ ḊḕḉḭḊḕḊ Ṯṏ ṳṠḕ ẏṏṳ ḀṠ ḃḀḭṮ."

You flinched noticeably and uncomfortably. Error just laughed like he enjoyed your discomfort.

"Why didn't you just take him by surprise if you knew he was coming or just use me as bait now?" You asked shakily, slowing your words to choose them carefully. He smiled. 'Uh oh...' you gulped. 'That was the expression of someone who has a plan, and a reckless one.'

"ḭ Ṗṙḕḟḕṙ ṖḶḀẏḭṆḠ ṮḧḭṆḠṠ ṠṮṙḀṮḕḠḭḉḀḶḶẏ," Error growled. He stood up and you did as well, tipping your head to the side fearfully yet curiously at him. "ṮḧḀṮ'Ṡ ẇḧẏ ḭ'ṁ ḠḕṮṮḭṆḠ Ḁ ḃḀḉḲṳṖ ḭṆ ḉḀṠḕ ṮḧḀṮ ḃḀḉḲḟḭṙḕṠ."

You gulped nervously. 'That doesn't sound good...' You watched with interest and fear as he lifted his arm up and brought it down quickly with a swift swipe. The air in front of him shifted with a ripping noise and soon, a black portal was present before you. You yelp from the sudden noise and stumble behind Error, surprised.

He let out an amused chuckle and pushed you forward, surprisingly not harshly. "Ḡṏ ḀḧḕḀḊ ḀṆḊ ḉḀṳṠḕ Ḁ ḉṏṁṁṏṮḭṏṆ," he smiled. "ḃṳṮ ṙḕṁḕṁḃḕṙ, ḭ'ḶḶ ḃḕ ẇḀṮḉḧḭṆḠ..."

The harness thing loosened instantly and you were free. Not really, but you were allowed to roam. Interested, you took a careful step forward and then another. You decided not to question it and you stuck your head through, seeing snow piled around in lumps. Leaping forward, snowflakes dotted your fur and a chill spread through you. You lolled your tongue and caught a few snowflakes which melted instantly. 'It was snowing...' you wondered with slight awe. But looking up, it was pretty dark other than the fact that the snow seemed to leave a small glow in the atmosphere. The dark sky thing did concern you quite a bit... Other than the soft glow the snow cast, a chilling, creeping sensation that hummed crawled up your fur.