Chapter 6: Error vs Ink

The world around you spun and you were at the mercy of gravity. Except for the fact that gravity had no mercy. You couldn't breathe, the free fall knocked the air out of you. You kept tumbling through the air which seemed like an endless drop. There were dim specks of light lit on the walls. Panic slowly left you as you came to accept the unavoidable. Although you accepted your doom, you couldn't help but feel oddly safe and calm. As long as you kept falling, you weren't dead yet, right?

Something slipped around your fur. It was cool and had a light blue glow to it. It fell around you as you slowed. You slowly floated up and your body jolted at the sudden reverse. Light began to enter your vision. Squinting, you blink repetitively to adjust to the light as your eyes stung. 'Am I dead?' You murmur to yourself quietly, but you flopped onto the floor like a dead fish. The extreme change of brightness blurred your vision, making your head hurt like hell. You gather your jumbled mess of thoughts and breathed deeply. You were able to breathe so you weren't dead. 'That's always great' Voices start to form in your head and your vision cleared.

There was the occasional glitch-a-glitching noise that Error was known for. Looking down at you, Error held a blank expression, like he was examining you but fell into deep thought. Though it did still feel like his gaze burned your pelt. Staggering up, you shook your fur, grabbing his attention immediately as he shook his head.

"ẏṏṳ ḊḭḊṆ'Ṯ Ḋṏ ḧḀḶḟ ḃḀḊ," he huffed, avoiding eye contact.

"You could've done better with explaining what you wanted me to do," you mumbled loud enough so that he could hear you but he ignored it.

'He just saved your tail!' you hissed to yourself. 'But he got you into the mess in the first place,' you countered yourself. Your frustration grew, so you ended the mental conversation with yourself before you started your own mental debate. You glance at Error and it seemed like he went back into deep thought. With a slightly annoyed sigh, you nosed his shorts and he jumped.

"ẇḧḀṮ ẇḀṠ ṮḧḀṮ ḀḃṏṳṮ?!" He shouts and stumbles backwards. You tilt your head to the side and wuff-ed at him. Error still looks at you with a 'What's your problem?' look. You gave him an annoyed, but questioning expression.

"Why did you choose to save me when you could've just left me, and where is Sans? Why did you have to take him?"

Error stared at you, confused and laughed like you just asked a stupid question. "ḃḕḉḀṳṠḕ... ẏṏṳ'ṙḕ ḃḀḭṮ. ẏṏṳ ṠḕṙṼḕḊ Ḁ ṖṳṙṖṏṠḕ Ṡṏ ḭ ḧḀḊ Ṯṏ," he chuckled, looking anywhere except in your general direction. "ḃḕṠḭḊḕṠ, ḭ'ṁ ṮṙẏḭṆḠ Ṯṏ ḊḕṠṮṙṏẏ Ṯḧḕ Ḁṳ'Ṡ Ṡṏ ẇḧẏ ṆṏṮ ṮḀḲḕ ṏṆḕ ṏḟ Ṯḧḕ ṁṏṠṮ ṆḕḕḊḕḊ ḉḧḀṙḀḉṮḕṙṠ ḀṆḊ ḶḕṮ Ṯḧḕ ṳṆḭṼḕṙṠḕ ḉṏḶḶḀṖṠḕ ḭṮṠḕḶḟ?"

You noted the slight hesitation in his voice and eyed him carefully. "But where is Sans...?"

He looks at you weirdly once more and then makes a face of realization. "ẏṏṳ ṁḕḀṆ ṳṆḊḕṙṠẇḀṖ? ḊṏṆ'Ṯ ẇṏṙṙẏ, ḧḕ'Ṡ jṳṠṮ ḧḀṆḠḭṆḠ ḀṙṏṳṆḊ."

You understood at once and immediately looked up to see Sans unconscious and hanging from the blue wires. You look back at Error with an unamused expression and he just shrugged with a small smile. You sighed and laid on the ground. This felt hopeless. You were basically a prisoner to a demonic skeleton and the only reason he was keeping you alive was because you served purpose as bait. Just great. At this point, half the time you wondered if you were still sleeping peacefully in the patch of lavenders and this was just a bad dream.