Chapter 8: Creating New Ties

Much apologies for the really, really, really long... Anyways, I've decided this story has paused long enough and THANK YOU ALL FOR THE 1K VIEWS!!! I really hope you guys understand that I have a busy schedule outside of Wattpad and I'm trying my best to keep updating. Summer Break is almost here so I shall hopefully update a bunch more. Comments and feedback are much appreciated (Plz don't be harsh '~'), and on with the story! (The picture above is my digital art of Ink Sans and it's a WIP. Please do not claim it as your own. Thank)

You felt your blood run cold at Papyrus' words. Trying to avoid his cold gaze, you sidestep behind Ink. Ink takes a small step back in alarm as he glances at you, his eyes searching for an answer.

"Have you two met? Why is he glaring daggers at you?" Ink asks quietly, keeping his voice low so only you would hear, but Papyrus seemed to have the hearing of a c̶a̶r̶r̶o̶t ...wolf.

"You want to know how my brother ended up with Error? You want to know why this town is in ruins? Your reason right behind you," Papyrus said smoothly with a dangerous intention.

Ink looks at Papyrus in surprise and he then down at you, doubt clouding his gaze.

"I can try to explain what happened," you insist weakly. "I know I'm part of the reason why but I never wanted for Sans to be taken."

You shuffled nervously and Ink clearly looked torn on who to believe. After a few seconds of suspense held within the silence, Ink sighed sadly.

"I should at least get to hear both of your stories," Ink turned to Papyrus. "Could you please let us stay so we can at least sort things out?"

Papyrus nodded but shot you a dangerous glare and you almost growled in retaliation. 'That's so unfair! I shouldn't be judged without the facts of the event,' you wanted to howl in protest but you fought yourself to keep your cool.

You realized that Ink started to follow Papyrus so you bounded forward to catch up. Papyrus stood at the door with his hands in his hooded sweater as Ink went in but blocked you before you could enter. You gave him an uneasy look as your hackles rose but he just huffed and leaned down.

"You're lucky Ink trusts you. For now, I'll listen and judge later but choose your word choice carefully," he forces out reluctantly.

He stepped to the side as you sighed in relief but you caught his expression on the way in. It held regret and sadness, a face you've seen in the city one too many times before. 'He blames himself for not keeping a more careful eye on his brother' you realize sadly.

You stepped in to remember the basic layout of the house. Ink took a seat on the couch and you jumped up to sit beside him. Papyrus closed the door behind him and he stood awkwardly before deciding he'd just sit on the stairs.

"Okay," Ink exhales softly, "Papyrus, do you want to go first?"

He shook his head as he tried to make himself comfortable on the stairs. "She can go first," he nodded in your direction.

You sighed shakily as both gazes were directed at you. You tried to gather the mess of jumbled words formed in your mind.

"It started when I was first captured by Error. He told me that he noticed that Ink took an interest to me so he wanted to use me as some sort of bait." Papyrus turned his skull to Ink as Ink adjusted his scarf embarrassedly.

"Error said he wanted another just in case something like this happens so he pushed me through a portal and told me to create some diversion-"

"Which actually worked," Papyrus hissed.

"Error knew," Ink interrupted, "that Papyrus would find her soul unusual so the diversion was to distract him from Swap Sans."

"Which I realized too many minutes late," Papyrus spat.