Missing In Action || Part 2

"Daddy! I'm all done!" Isabelle said. Her eyes widened in worry, when she saw her father staring out the window with a blank look in his eyes.

"Daddy? Are you alright?" She asked in worry. Killua closed his eyes, before turning to face his daughter. He smiled at her.

"Yeah. I'm fine. C'mon. Let's eat." he said, turning back to the table and sitting down. Isabelle followed and they ate in silence.

"Daddy? What was that phone call about...?" Isabelle asked softly. Killua tensed slightly and let out a small sigh.

"It was the military." He said, looking down at his plate. Isabelle frowned in worry.

"The... military...?" She asked, her eyes wide. Killua sighed and closed his eyes.

"Gon attacked the enemy without backup and they have no idea what happened to him. But, there's a good chance that he's dead." Killua said solemly.

Isabelle's eys widened in shock and she could tell that her father was deeply wounded by this.

"Daddy.... does this mean...?" She asked, barely getting the words across.

"Yeah.... I don't think you'll ever get to met him.... it's unlikely that he's going to come home." Killua said. He sighed and stood up.

"Here. I'll take your plate." He said softly. Isabelle watched her father grab her plate and walk away to the kitchen. She couldn't believe it. Was she really never going to get to met the love of her father's life? She fumed for a moment. if Papa survives it, he's gonna get an earful from me! She thought.

Time skip

"Good night Izzy." KIllua said, placing a kiss on her forhead. Isabelle looked at her father in worry, who in return gave her small smile.

"Don't worry Izzy. I'll be fine." He said, reassuring her. Isabelle didn't say anything, but turned to her side and snuggled into her covers.

"Hey daddy...? Do you... wanna stay with me tonight?" She asked, concern in her voice. Killua gave her tired smile.

"It's fine Isabelle. Don't worry about me." He said, before standing up and walking out of her room. He stopped at the door and gave her another smile before leaving the room.

Time skip

It's been a year since the phone call, and there still wasn't any sort of news regarding Gon. Everyone had assumed the worse, but after eight years, the war was finally coming to an end. Both sides had declared peace and they were both returning their prisoners.

Killua could only hope that Gon would be among them.

"Daddy? Are you okay?" Isabelle asked. Killua smiled at her, before reaching out and ruffling her hair.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just glad this war is over. Even if Gon didn't survive, at least he died for his country." He said, smiling sadly. Isabelle frowned at her father. She didn't like it when he lied.

Time skip

It's been a week since the war ended, and people were crying with joy. Killua stared down to the streets with a wistful smile. Everyone looked so happy, it was almost funny. Killua closed his eyes with a bitter smile and thought of Gon.

Gon.... I hope you died fighting for what you believed in.... and.... I hope you never forgot me. He thought. He nearly jumped out of his skin when he heard the phone ring.

Killua stared at it warily. Should I answer? Every time I have its been bad news.... Killua frowned and answered the phone.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Killua Zoldyck? We were wondering if you wanted to come pick up General Freecs' stuff." The voice said. Killua looked down. Maybe... there are some letters Gon left behind....

"Very well. I'll come tomorrow." Killua said. 

"Very well. Good day." The man said, before hanging up. Killua placed the phone down and Isabelle came bounding down the stairs.

"Daddy? Who was that?" She asked. Killua smiled at her.

"It was the army. We're going to their base tomorrow to pick up any of Gon's belongings." Killua said. Isabelle frowned at her father.

"Okay!" She said. But will you be alright daddy....?

Time skip

"We're here Isabelle." Killua said, pulling the car to a stop. Both he and Isabelle left the car. Killua blinked in surprise when he saw all the soldiers lined up.

"Huh? What's going on?" He asked, holding Isabelle's hand. She looked up at her father, just as confused as him. Suddenly, Killua let go of her hand. He stared in shock at the lover who had been assumed dead.

"G-Gon....?" Killua whispered, his eyes filling with tears. Gon smiled at him and killua ran to him. Isabelle watched her father run over to the brown haired man. They embraced and Isabelle smiled.

"Gon... Gon... Y-You're a-alive!" Killua said, clutching Gon tightly. Gon hugged back just as tightly.

"I missed you so much..." Gon whispered. They pulled away a little bit and just stared at each other, completely forgetting about anything else. Killua reached out a shaky hand and placed it on Gon's face.

"I can't believe it's really you...." He said. Gon smiled and leaned down a bit and placed his lips on Killua's. Killua nearly burst into tears, he was so happy. They pulled away and just held hands. Gon smiled lovingly at his boyfriend, wanting to memorize his white hair and blue eyes.

I never want to let him go... Gon thought. He smiled at Killua, before dropping to one knee. Killua looked at him in surprise.

"Are you okay? You're not hurt are you?" Killua said in worry. Gon laughed a bit and took his beloved's hand.

"Killua, after eight years, I've realized that I don't want to live without you. So, will you be mine?" Gon asked, pulling out a small box. Killua gasped in shock, a hand going to his mouth as tears fell from his eyes. Despite all of this, he smiled.

"Yes, yes of course!" He said and gon slipped on the ring. People cheered around them and Isabelle watched with all smile on her face.

"Daddy! Does this mean you and Papa are getting married?" She asked, running over to them. Gon stared at her in surprise.

"Who's this Killua?" He asked. Killua bit his lip.

"Um... her name is Isabelle and she's our daughter...?" Killua said. Gon smiled brightly.

"We have a daughter now?!" He asked excitedly. Killua chuckled.

"Y-Yeah. We do." Killua said. Gon knelt again and smiled at Isabelle.

"Hello Isabelle." He said. Isabelle smiled at him, before pulling him closer to her eyes.

"If you ever make Daddy cry, you'll regret it. Okay?" She said, smiling the whole time. Gon gulped, but nodded. Satisfied  Isabelle let go of him and stood next to Killua. Gon walked over to them and stood beside them.

"It's good to be home."

Note:
Sorry this took forever to come out, I've been distracted by trying to complete Sounds Like A Melody. I hope you enjoyed this! :)