Mistletoe Shenanigans

"Big brother! Don't eat all the cookies!" Alluka yelled at me. I glanced over at her, my face stuffed. I swallowed and laughed awkwardly.

"Sorry Alluka." I said sheepishly. Alluka simply giggled softly.

"C'mon brother, you need to talk to the guests." She said, tugging on my sleeve. I frowned.

"Fiiine." I said, pouting a bit. I didn't even really want to be at this Christmas party, but Alluka didn't give me much choice. She was too cute when she pouted and I couldn't resist!

I reluctantly left the food bar and joined the crowd of people who were all chatting away.

"Oh hoho! Look up you two!" I heard Leorio say.  I looked over and I saw Aunt Mito and Kurapika standing beside each other. They both looked up, as did I and I saw there was a mistletoe hanging there, swinging back and forth innocently. Kurapika sighed and Aunt Mito chuckled.

Aunt Mito leaned down and gave Kurapika a peck on the cheek. There was some clapping and laughing.

"Hi Aunt Mito! Did you put that up?" Gon said, bounding over to her.

"Yes I did. I thought it would add a bit of fun to the party!" Aunt Mito said, smiling and clapping her hands together. She and Kurapika moved out of the way.

"So, whoever stands under this has to kiss the person standing there with them?" Gon said. Aunt Mito nodded.

"That's right!" She said. Gon nodded and smiled brightly at her.

"Oh! Killua! You came!" Aunt Mito said in surprise when she saw him. Gon's eyes widened.

"KILLUA!" Gon yelled and he tackled me in a hug.

"Ugh! Gon! Let go of me! You're being embarassing!" I said, my face pink.

"Killua! Killua, Killua, Killua!" He said.

"Gon!" I said, trying to pry him off of me.

"Sorry Killua! I just missed you so much! I'm so happy you made it!!" Gon said hugging me even more tightly.

"Gah! G-Gon.... C-can't.... b-breath!" I wheezed. Gon finally got the hint and let go of me.

"Sorry Killua. I couldn't help myself." He said, rubbing the back of his neck with a nervous smile. I rolled my eyes.

"Idiot." I mumbled. Gon giggled.

"How have you and Alluka been?" He asked. I smiled at him.

"She's been good! I haven't felt Illumi's presence for awhile, so I think he might've been called back home for who knows what. That was the only reason why we were able to come." I said.

"That's awesome." He said, grinning. "But Killua, I also want to know how you've been."

I blinked in surprise, before looking down. "I've been fine Gon." I said softly. 

Gon frowned. "Killua, you can tell me, it's okay." He said, staring at me in concern. I scowled.

"I didn't come here to be interrogated Gon!" I said angrily. Gon frowned.

"I'm not interrogating you Killua, I just want to know!" He protested. I closed my eyes in annoyance.

"Gon...."

"Hey you two!" We both looked over and saw Knuckle looking at us, grinning. We stared at him in confusion. Grinning like an idiot, he pointed up.

There's no way... I thought, looking up with dread settling in my stomach. Indeed, there it was. That darned mistletoe hanging above us.

How did that get there?!

"Oops! Looks like we have to kiss!" Gon said, grinning at me.

I looked at him and blinked. I raised an eyebrow. Are you kidding me! I thought.

"Gon we don't- mmph!" I said in surprise when Gon smashed our lips together. His eyes were closed and mine were wide open. People whistled and laughed.

Gon pulled away and grinned at me. Suddenly his eyes widened.

"Palm! I was starting to think you wouldn't make it!" He said. He ran over to her, leaving me to stand there and stare after him. What the hell just happened? Gon you bastard! That was my first kiss!

Note:
Sorry, I know it's no longer Christmas, but I wanted to do this! Deal with it! 😝