3.

I waltzed right through the front door of the hunter's moon. Every head in the place turned to face me. They saw the marks of my heritage and were not thrilled.

"Annalina." Luke greeted over by the door that led into the bartender's office.

"Really i'm confused." I say stalking across the room towards him. "Jace decides to turn you bar into a supernatural fight club and you first instinct is to call me." I finally reached him. "Why not clary, he's her brother why can't she deal with his temper tantrums."

He doesn't respond, he only gives me a pointed look. I growl in frustration before sliding past into the room where Jace was most likely being kept.

The room was plain and windowless. A paper strewn desk laid in the middle of the room with an accompanying cracked leather chair where Jace sat. The moment the door opened he had picked up a yellow pencil and flung in through the air to where it struck the wall right next to my head.

"Sorry, didn't realise it was you." He replied look a little surprised to see me standing before him. "What are you doing here?"

I moved over to sit on top of the desk, dangling my legs beside his chair. "I could ask you the same." I reply. "A bar fight, seriously?"

He looks up at me furrowing his eyebrows because for once he can't figure out what i'm thinking. "She kicked me out." He says after a long pause watching me closely to see how i react to his words.

I whip my head up to stare at him in astonishment. "What?" I gasp out.

"They can't trust me," He whispered gently, looking away from to let his gaze drop the floor. "They can't trust me because i'm his son."

"She thinks you'd betray them for him," I whispered back so quietly i'm surprised he could hear me. "Doesn't she?"

He didn't answer, but he didn't need to. "She's gone insane." I exclaimed which made his head fly up to look upon me once again. "She can't really believe that."

"I don't blame her," He says as those eyes stare deep into my soul. "I wouldn't trust me either."

I didn't know what else to say, He'd always had a gift with words, the ability to render anyone speechless. Our hands ended up attached i'm not sure who reached out first, but it didn't really matter. The boy i'd spend the last few weeks tried to avoid now sat in front of me holding my hand looking more vulnerable then perhaps he ever had.

"I—" I tried to speak before Luke burst into the room.

He saw us and almost looked embarrassed for interrupting for a moment. "I called Clary." He hesitantly shared.

"Good," I replied getting off the desk pulling my hand away from Jace's. "I was just leaving."

I whipped past him back into the main bar around leaving the two alone in the room behind me. I bumped into a small wolf girl. She glared down at me with her radiant amber eyes.

"What's your problem?" I barked at her. "I didn't trash your bar." She looked over my shoulder to where everyone was gathered around something on the bar. "What happened?"

"Someone killed a wolf cub." She replied venomously like i had killed them.

"I'll tell the clave." I remarked. "And if the bastards don't want to help i'll find who killed him myself."

She gave me a unreadable look as i stormed out the door back into the night. I suppose the thought of a shadowhunter caring about a werewolf was unusual.

▹▹▹

If maryse thought she was going to kick Jace out and get away with she was dead wrong. For the first time in weeks i opted for the front door over climbing the walls, i wanted to make an entrance.

The elevator like usual groaned and creaked as it carried me up to the entryway. When it came to a clanging stop causing the door to fly open church was already there expecting me. I lent down  to rub the back of my hand along his head and he purred in reply.

"Where's Maryse?" I asked, he made a noise before heading off down the corridor.

I followed after him as he lead me towards the library. Then church sat down to indicate he would go no further. Voices were faintly audible through the thick wooden door, but i ignored them pushing the door wide open without knocking striding inside.

Maryse sat behind the enormous mahogany desk. She wore the same plain black suit she had earlier. Beside her stood another figure, the slender figure of a dark haired teenage boy. I didn't recognise him still he turned to face me with a wicked grin across his face. "Raphael?" I exclaimed in surprise.

Maryse looked as she heard my entrance. She looked at me confused for a second, trying to determine my intentions. "Annalina," She greeted swiftly. "You're here because?" She raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"I'm here because—" I started before i was rudely interrupted by someone entering the room behind me.

I whipped by head back to yell at the person who dared cut me off and came face to face with Clary, Luke and Jace.

"Well excuse me," I remarked. " I didn't realise were we having a party."

▹▹▹

A/n:

This chapter is horribly short, but i didn't want to add anything else in. Besides this update didn't take ten years so i'm happy.

🇳🇱VAARWEL🇳🇱