9.

Simon babied Clary over the burn on her hand from the singing hot coffee. I swear i almost puked when he kissed it, "All better now." He chimed.

Clary looked just as shocked as the rest of us. Jace looked pissed or maybe envious, i never can tell he's not the easiest person to read especially once he notices me glancing up at him.

"You're a shadowhunter," He said bitterly. "You know how to deal with injuries." He slid his stele across the table. "Use it."

"She doesn't need a stele for once little burn." I exclaimed. "You all so melodramatic."

Clary pushed the stele back across the table to him. "No." This caused Jace to slam his hand down on it. "Clary—"

"She said she doesn't want it," Simon said. "Ha-ha."

"Ha-ha?" Jace questioned. "That's your comeback?"

"Real mature." I commented rolling my eyes at them. "Your almost acting like ten years old now, it's a miracle."

Alec ended his call approaching the table with a puzzled look. "What's going on?"

"Our boys are in dire need of the sharing is caring talk," I mumbled.

"It's like were trapped in an episode of One life to Waste." Magnus observed. "It's all very dull."

"I told my mother about the Infernal Conversion." Alec addressed us all, flicking a strand of hair away from his face.

"Let me guess." Jace said. "She didn't believe you. Plus, she blamed everything on me."

Alec frowned. "Not exactly. She said she'd bring it up with the conclave, but that she didn't have the Inquisitor's ear right now. I get the feeling the Inquisitor has pushed her out of the way and taken over. She sounded angry." The phone in his hand started to ring again. "Sorry. It's Isabelle. One sec." He wandered away to the window again, phone in hand.

Jace glanced over a Magnus. "I think you're right about the werewolf at the Hunter's Moon. The guy who found his body said someone else was in the alley with him. Someone who ran off."

Magnus nodded. "It sounds to me like Valentine was interrupted in the middle of doing whatever it is he does to get the blood he needs. He'll probably try again with a different lycanthrope child."

"I ought to warn Luke," Clary said, midway to rising out of her chair before Alec stopped her. "Wait." He said, phone still in his hand.

"What did Isabelle want?" Jace asked.

Alec hesitated. "Isabelle says the Queen of the Seelie Court has requested an audience with us."

"Sure," Magnus said. "And Madonna wants me as a backup dancer on her next world tour."

Alex looked puzzled. "Who's Madonna?"

"Who's the Queen of the Seelie Court?" Clary asked.

"She is the Queen of Faerie." Magnus explained. "Well, the local one, anyway."

I ran a hand over my eyes in frustration. "Tell Isabelle not a chance."

"But she thinks it's a good idea." Alec protested.