6.

(This chapter is crazy long compared to my normal ones so if it feels like it never ends i swear it does)

The darkness of the silent city was all consuming. He'd never been afraid of the dark, but there was something about this place that made him feel on edge.

He'd assessed his cell a thousand times. It still could settle the unnatural anxiety that churned in his stomach.

A sound split through the air, a loud howling sound of pure terror. He swore, pressing his back against the wall of the cell willing himself to calm down. The sound came again this time, louder than the first. His mind was plagued with images of the dead rising from where they rested above his head.

Brother Jeremiah staggered into his view, right hand clutching onto a still-burning torch, hid hood fallen back to reveal a look of terror. His robe stained with black blood, he took a few staggering steps forward. Then with his hand outstretched he hit the floor.

Jace fell to his knees, fear consuming him. He reached out for the torch that had fallen from the brother's hand, surely breaking something the process. He heard a ugly dragging slither, he thrust the torch forward to reveal nothing.

The sound rung out again and again. The door just behind Jeremiah began to open slowly as some heaved at it from the other side. It was huge, dark and formless. It snarled at him before lunging forward. The last thing he saw was the flame of his torch guttering green and blue before being swallowed up the darkness. It that moment all he could think about was her.

▹▹▹

I couldn't sleep, not when the only thing i could think about was him alone in the darkness. I knew full well he wasn't afraid of the dark or anything really so he says, but the thought of him down there sleeping below the dead made my skin crawl.

I'd always been relatively neutral with my opinion of the clave, but right now i hoped they all burned in hell. I'd visited Alec And Isabelle earlier to explain everything and left shortly after claiming that i needed to get some rest.

Though it was apparent that was going to be impossible, so i finally decided to head back to izzy's room. As i got closer i heard the sound of approaching footsteps from the other direction. Seconds later i came face to face with Clary.

"Clary!" I exclaimed in surprise. "What are you doing here?" Right now she was possibly the least welcome here than she'd ever been.

"Isabelle texted me." She replied. "Told me what happened."

"Right of course." I stated. "He's your brother, you should know these things."

"Yeah." She then turned to knock on Isabelle's closed door but it opened before she had the chance.

"I thought i heard voices, but i didn't think it would was you two." Izzy said. "Anna i get, but clary what are you doing here?"

Clary stared at her. "You sent me that text message. You said the Inquisitor threw Jace in jail."

"Clary!" Isabelle glanced nervously down the corridor biting her lip. "I didn't mean you should race down here right now."

Clary was horrified. "Isabelle! Jail!"

"It's not exactly jail." I added in a poor attempt to calm her down.